wtb saltiga z6500 s extream

whos goin to be the cheapest tackle shop flying back down wednesday & will be purchasing one whos going to give the best deal for the money

HuggyB's picture

Date Joined: 03/08/08

motackle

Fri, 2010-01-15 07:16

easily, unless you can wrangle a deal in Perth, but they dont usually haggle all that strongly with the team daiwa range due to exclusivity of dealerships. Motackle is based in eastern states, but is easily $200+ cheaper than here.

best of luck.

The Terrorist - coming to a fishing spot near you.........

Date Joined: 30/03/08

What a load of bullshit

Fri, 2010-01-15 07:36

What a load of bullshit LaughingLaughing

Dont forget Mo's postage on topand get them to wind your line on for you. Cool

Angling tourism is worth $10 billion to the Australian economy - 90000 jobs; more than any sport; spread the word

kane's picture

Date Joined: 07/12/08

postage?

Fri, 2010-01-15 18:39

yeah, the 10 dollars postage i pay makes all the difference Tongue out when saving 200, 300, 400 dollars

and normally where i go locally with my new fancy reel in hand to buy my roll of fancy braid they are more than happy to wind it on for me

Gooooone Fishin!

HuggyB's picture

or go and see

Fri, 2010-01-15 08:25

someone at Bluewater Scarbs then - wearing a FW shirts helps!

Just based off website prices, Bluewater is about $200 dearer than motackle though. And pricing (haggling) is based on my experience buying a Branzino

Date Joined: 20/04/09

cheers huggyB for the input

Fri, 2010-01-15 08:45

cheers huggyB for the input yeah was goin to go to bluewater melville but thought i would see if any of the tackle shops on this site would like some money if not bluewaters goin to get it again

Just based off website

Fri, 2010-01-15 13:27

Just based off website prices, Bluewater is about $200 dearer than motackle though. And pricing (haggling) is based on my experience buying a Branzino

Trippin balls, I potentially lose my employment because people say buy interstate theyre $200 cheaper.

Whens the next local store goin broke?

Bluewater Branzino $845

Mo Tackle $825 plus $15 postage plus insurance $

At least you get to wind the handle before you buy it...

Melville may have a 20% off sale in the near future or something and you probably could manage a haggle right now?  You can only ask...

Angling tourism is worth $10 billion to the Australian economy - 90000 jobs; more than any sport; spread the word

Date Joined: 21/02/08

Come one, we know all the

Fri, 2010-01-15 15:39

Come one, we know all the top shelf reels and all the lead gets taken off display for the big sales down there.

HuggyB's picture

$200 price difference was the s-extreme

Fri, 2010-01-15 15:37

Bluewater: http://www.bluewater.net.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_385_274&products_id=2204 $1479

Motackle: http://www.motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=product&product_id=4677 $1279 

I got my Branzino for $750 delivered from motackle. Both Bluewater and Campbells told they weren't interested in price matching or even attempting to get close or even move from their advertised price......so what am I supposed to do - pay over the odds? Its not like I'm even buying from O/S, its an Australian supplier so you are playing on the same field so to speak. I had used a mates already so I was set in my purchase decision, I didn't need to wind the handle and have a play with it. The $100 bought me a nice spool of braid and almost a RCS handle (I bought it from Bluewater Smile). I try and buy local were I can, but sometimes the price saving makes the decision to buy elsewhere a no brainer for me. I gave the locals an oppurtunity and they said no thanks.

Just my experience!

Jody's picture

Date Joined: 19/04/07

lol

Fri, 2010-01-15 14:44

Bluewater Scabs and just squeeeeeze hard.....they luv it ;)

TWiZTED

Date Joined: 04/05/08

Bluewater will generally

Fri, 2010-01-15 16:13

Bluewater will generally match motackle price...did for me

STEVE231's picture

Date Joined: 05/01/10

Z6500 S extreme

Fri, 2010-01-15 16:32

Go for an Expedition off E-bay, that's what I would be doing!!

Maybe if Saltatrix wants to chip in the balance  so you buy local  then just do that...

Motackle is based in eastern

Fri, 2010-01-15 17:50

Motackle is based in eastern states, but is easily $200+ cheaper than here.

This was the initial statement and the prices have been changing due to the rising Aussie dollar as stated the other day. People should always check a price match.

Id never knock anyone for purchasing anywhere else. Never have.

Steve, If you want to spend that kind of money on a reel off E-bay probably without a warranty you go for it. I wont be stopping you.

Most reels purchased in Australia come with a warranty unlike the rest of the world.

Enough defending slander of local tackleshops, home for a drink.

STEVE231's picture

Date Joined: 05/01/10

Saltiga Extreme

Fri, 2010-01-15 17:58

Saltatrix, I'll pm you.

kane's picture

Date Joined: 07/12/08

went to campbells for a saltiga 4500 extreme

Fri, 2010-01-15 18:23

asked for their best price please, they gave me the same price they had on their webiste 200 or more than i could get it from a sotre over east....do they think we are stupid?

got the reel from ray annes in adelaide heaps cheaper and free postage...(within the week)

Ive tried tried tried tried again again again to try to buy locally, but time and time again i save hundreds by not buying locally, ive tried the site sponsors, blue water chain, campbells, etc etc etc why are stores in SA and Qld able to offer products at such a discounted price to WA stores?

Gooooone Fishin!

not being rude but thought i

Sat, 2010-01-16 09:32

not being rude but thought i might have got one response from a tackle shop owner but thanks for all your help looks like bluewaters getting my money again

asked for their best price

Sat, 2010-01-16 13:13

asked for their best price please, they gave me the same price they had on their webiste 200 or more than i could get it from a sotre over east....do they think we are stupid?

This will only become evident later.  You probably wont hear from tackle store owners.  Price differences may be the current change in product prices due to the dollar. Not everyone gets everything at the same time.

Theyre probably working out the next step of survival.

Theyll let it pan out in the direction its driven.  That may even be ordering parts and servicing from over there.  Who knows...

I doubt theyll be drawn into it. They have more common sense than I.

Date Joined: 15/01/10

Bloke's gotta sign up to

Sat, 2010-01-16 14:36

Bloke's gotta sign up to comment, takes a while for the process.

Bluewater stores will always match or beat any legitimate price, if we're not already cheaper, which most of the time we are. Happy to help.

Anybody who keeps an eye on international exchange rates will know that the last 12 months has been mind-boggling with the amount of movement down, up, down, up... and given that just about everything we sell is imported, it should be no surprise that we have trouble keeping up with the rapidity of changes in costs and sells. It's physically impossible. So if we're out of whack, tell us and we'll fix it.

I just sold an Abu Revo Akatsuki to a guy for $449... he was horrified to see MO sell that reel for $650. Doesn't mean we're cheap or they're expensive, it just means they haven't had time to adjust their sell to the current cost. Happens all the time. We hope to have caught up with the 4000-odd Daiwa items that have changed price this month within the next couple of weeks.

Cheers

Adam Gallash's picture

Date Joined: 29/11/05

apologies

Sat, 2010-01-16 15:59

Apologies Hal, was out fishing yesterday and didn't approve new members to this morning.

Just a word to the others that have quoted prices on here, just be very careful in doing so - last thing we need is potential defamation or anything for anything that is misquoted or mis-represented.

Cheers,
Adam 

Site Admin - Just ask if you need assistance

brenz's picture

Date Joined: 15/06/06

saltrix

Sat, 2010-01-16 18:02

hey saltrix were would i best getting a yamaha 30 4stroke from
i shop at bluewater scabs ask to speak to neil always up for a chat and laugh and gives me the time and service i feel any customer deserves a++++ service recomend them check it out
cheers brenz

too easy hal will be in

Sun, 2010-01-17 10:24

too easy hal will be in tuesday cheers