2022 PGFC fads

Anyone know the positions for this years PGFC fads?

Date Joined: 23/04/14

Same as every year

Wed, 2022-11-23 15:40

They are always deployed in the same location, give or take a few hundred metres. 

Date Joined: 26/03/17

not sure if they are out yet

Wed, 2022-11-23 17:47

not sure if they are out yet tho?

Tim's picture

Date Joined: 26/09/06

Yep

Wed, 2022-11-23 21:01

PGFC ones are out. RFW ones will hopefully go out soon

davewillo's picture

Date Joined: 08/09/16

Yep they went in on November

Thu, 2022-11-24 10:31

Yep they went in on November 13 I think. It was that weekend anyway.

PGFC member and lure tragic

big john's picture

Date Joined: 20/07/06

Ban

Thu, 2022-11-24 20:07

If any form of demersal ban comes in during January to April, can you imagine how many boats will be hitting the Fads? Total shit show out there.

WA based manufacturer and supplier of premium leadhead jigs, fligs, bucktail jigs, 'bulletproof' soft plastic jig heads and XOS bullet jig heads.

Jigs available online in my web store!

Date Joined: 30/12/09

yep along with the free

Fri, 2022-11-25 08:08

yep along with the free divers it would be good entertainment. a bit like the leewin boat ramp on saturday or sunday arvo.

Get busy living, or get busy dying!

Date Joined: 27/09/20

Thats my worry , theyll get

Fri, 2022-11-25 11:17

Thats my worry , theyll get hammered when theres less demersal time allowed. Ive only fished the Northern RFW fads , and just for the last 2 yrs. last year there was just 2 out there, year before it was 4. RFW said last week I called them they are waiting for DPIRD to give funding for this year. It'll be a disaster if theyre not fully funded this  yr, its a long run out to the northern set for 2 fads, with other boats and sometimes just no fish on the first couple you need the 4 of them at least.   I think well need to start fighting for more fad funding for more fads going fwd to help offset the  extra demarsal closure, whatever thatll turn out to be next month.

Date Joined: 27/09/20

Thats my worry , theyll get

Fri, 2022-11-25 11:17

Thats my worry , theyll get hammered when theres less demersal time allowed. Ive only fished the Northern RFW fads , and just for the last 2 yrs. last year there was just 2 out there, year before it was 4. RFW said last week I called them they are waiting for DPIRD to give funding for this year. It'll be a disaster if theyre not fully funded this  yr, its a long run out to the northern set for 2 fads, with other boats and sometimes just no fish on the first couple you need the 4 of them at least.   I think well need to start fighting for more fad funding for more fads going fwd to help offset the  extra demarsal closure, whatever thatll turn out to be next month.

big john's picture

Date Joined: 20/07/06

Take, take, take

Fri, 2022-11-25 12:09

Unfortunatey with government its normally take, take, take.

Rarely is it give, give, give.

How refreshing would it be if they said, hey a ban extension is coming in but:

- we will put in a dozen more articificial reefs each year (for the next ten years)

- we will increase the number of FADS and actually pay for it out of Government funding

- we will turn Wellington Dam into a super fresh water fishery full of yellow belly and murray cod

- we will open and stock our drinking water dams for fishing (with some caveats i.e. electric motors only, artificial lure only)

and so on.

WA based manufacturer and supplier of premium leadhead jigs, fligs, bucktail jigs, 'bulletproof' soft plastic jig heads and XOS bullet jig heads.

Jigs available online in my web store!

sea-kem's picture

Date Joined: 30/11/09

You get my vote when you run

Fri, 2022-11-25 18:14

You get my vote when you run for office BJ 

Love the West!

NORUN NOFUN's picture

Date Joined: 15/08/11

Geez, can only imagine the

Fri, 2022-11-25 09:34

Geez, can only imagine the traffic out there this summer, last time I was out there, there weas 1 boat directly tied up to the fad and two other boats tied up to him in a chain, all onboard smacking the beers back, was pretty disappointed to see the boats first up but the best part was that the dollie's were a few hundred metres away actively feeding.

sea-kem's picture

Date Joined: 30/11/09

Must be great to drive all

Fri, 2022-11-25 09:41

Must be great to drive all that way out there to see that crap 

Love the West!

davewillo's picture

I've never seen boats tied

Fri, 2022-11-25 10:40

I've never seen boats tied up to the FAD and would not be able to help myself telling them to fuck off! The spearos are a pain the arse too as it's hard to drift with them hanging off the FAD.

Yeah, have witnessed some

Fri, 2022-11-25 11:54

Yeah, have witnessed some absolute muppets out there. Don't think anyone has considered the appropriate etiquette! The spear so frustrate me to no end. I get that it's a shared resource, but one spear in the water usually shuts it down for any other boat that might be fishing

davewillo's picture

I think they should ban

Fri, 2022-11-25 12:24

I think they should ban spearos but plenty would disagree with me on that. Plus who would enforce that anyway. We generally troll well off the FAD if we see one of them in the water as it just shuts them down completely. We've got some good fish in teh vicinity though so it's worth prospecting around.

Hey, silly question, but I'm

Mon, 2022-11-28 04:09

Hey, silly question, but I'm assuming to find the coordinates of the pgfc fads, that's just a matter of joining? Bit of a newbie to game fishing so wasn't really aware the pgfc existed , but definitely of interest.

davewillo's picture

Hi Sea goat The co-ordinates

Mon, 2022-11-28 12:08

Hi Sea goat

The co-ordinates are on the PGFC Instagram and Facebook pages. Hopefully my attempt to paste them here works! We're always looking for new club members and the club has a pretty good social side too.

No photo description available.

awesome!. thankyou so much.

Mon, 2022-11-28 12:23

awesome!. thankyou so much. will definitely look into joining!

davewillo's picture

My advice would be to wait

Mon, 2022-11-28 12:36

My advice would be to wait until there are some reports of dollies being caught at the FADs before venturing out there. It's a long way and you want to have confidence there are fish around first!