Any one using a Navman 4500 in Yanchep/Two Rocks area

Need help with my Navman 4500 sounder. The screen is constantly flickering when powered up. Just wondering if anyone one in the Yanchep or Two rocks area is using the same unit. Plan was to bring my head unit over and plug into your power and see if it still flickers. Then I know weather to replace the head unit or rerun all the wireing.

any help would be much appreciated

cheers

grantarctic1's picture

Date Joined: 03/03/11

I have

Sat, 2015-01-31 23:21

I have a Navan 4431 with the power lead not in a boat ATM . Does this help ? 

TAPOUT's picture

Date Joined: 27/01/06

Cheers mate but not sure if

Sun, 2015-02-01 17:50

Cheers mate but not sure if plugs are the same. Was hoping to plug into an existing setup. Thanks anyway

AHarman's picture

Date Joined: 22/03/12

Hey mate

Thu, 2015-02-05 15:25

Just pulled the 4500 out of my tub.....not an existing setup unfortunately - have the unit and power cable in a box ready to install on my tinny. I am in Scarbs - you are welcome to use if helps? PM me if you want more details.

Date Joined: 08/10/13

How old is the unit and is

Fri, 2015-02-06 14:34

How old is the unit and is how is it mounted.   I have one I think its around 10 years old now.  Its now held together with sikaflex but works fine. Mine is mounted in full sunlight on my console.  The pastic case degraded and about half the screws holding it together popped out.  I caught mine before it got water in it but my mate who got his the same time wasnt as lucky He had a flickering screen and when we pulled it apart it had green death on the cct board.   I sikaflexed it about 4 years ago and still going strong.  I think the power cords are all the same on navman models around that era?  Have you looked at the battery volts  on the sounder. I have my battery alarm set but I think you can turn it off.  That should  give you an idea if the cord or plug is damaged. I replaced my cord  2 years ago and the battery alarm allerted me to the problem. 

TAPOUT's picture

Date Joined: 27/01/06

Thanks for the info and

Sat, 2015-02-14 20:34

Thanks for the info and advise. Might pull it apart and just see if it has any moisture in it. Might be time for an upgrade maybe.

thanks again