Chivers Hammer Head 206 SF

We are looking to upgrading our haines hunter 580 to a new chivers hammerhead 206SF.  Will be with a 150 evinrude e-tec and looking at the now superceeded lowrance X515C sounder - anyone got experience with these boats and or sounders, any recommendations or feedback for either?

Thanks

Date Joined: 09/10/06

nice boats,but would upgrade

Thu, 2010-03-11 09:43

nice boats,but would upgrade the donk to the 200.have the 150 myself and its a good motor,pushes my heavy glass boat to 36 knots but shes working hard so the fuel and oil consumptions not the best.
paul

Wrassassin's picture

Date Joined: 01/03/09

Sounder

Thu, 2010-03-11 11:59

I have a X515 DF and can't complain it has a very good resolution and vivid colours. Not as powerfull as some but you get what you pay for.

I'll be damned if i can get it to show fish arches but, maybe that's cos i can't find any! Embarassed

Reefmonkey's picture

Date Joined: 22/09/08

sounder

Sun, 2010-03-21 15:30

also run with a x515dfc, great sounder to use the biggest downfall i've got is it has no bottom lock. after also using hsd7 sounder recently i was blown away by the better definition between hard and soft bottom and i believe its the first lowrance to have the bottom lock feature. the hsd5 is reasonably priced and if i had to choose hands down to the hds.

Dave J.

Lucky Tim's picture

Date Joined: 28/11/07

how much you selling the

Sun, 2010-03-21 15:38

how much you selling the Haines for?

wildinp's picture

Date Joined: 30/03/09

the haines

Wed, 2010-03-24 09:58

We ended trading it, the decision for the boat was a very quick one, picked it up last friday and took it for a spin out the back fo rotto and must say was impressed!  The e-tech is an amazing engine and the boat handled the sea very well. 

As for the sounder, we left the 515 in there, and it semed pretty good when we took it out - still holding good bottom detail at 45km/hr.  I do miss the bottom lock feature stho fo the furuno......  We are also getting a broadband module fitted to the sounder as well - dealer ahs the boat back now finishing off all the requested mods.

And tim, as mentioned it was traded....  adn all i can say is it at chivers and they are not making much on the trade - they are selling at 50k which is what we would have been chasing.  only has 100hrs on it and is immacculate!