Edgewater 265 express

Been looking at these boats for quite a while and contemplating bringing one in from the US. The shipping side of it is easy got that all figured out as its what I do for work but im interested if anyone out there has any experiance with edgewater boats or in particular the 265 express.  I have seen one down at cockburn power boat club but cant track down the owners details.

Really keen to try and get out on one for a spin or at least talk to someone with experiance.  If anyone can help let us know

http://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats-for-sale/used/power-boats/2006-edgewater-express-265/128739

cheers

Date Joined: 02/11/09

The only issue i see is that

Thu, 2014-05-08 19:27

The only issue i see is that there over 4.5t! Bet they ride nice, really deep v.

Stevo81's picture

Date Joined: 16/04/12

I've only heard good things

Thu, 2014-05-08 19:42

I've only heard good things about them. Give Justin at Portsea Marine (site sponsor) a call. He's a full bottle on all the American boats

••••••••  Electrical Contractor NOR  ••••••••

saltlife's picture

Date Joined: 14/02/14

Looks Nice

Thu, 2014-05-08 20:35

+1 for Justin. Knows his stuff

West is Best

Lastchance's picture

Date Joined: 02/02/09

A couple of mates up here

Fri, 2014-05-09 07:15

A couple of mates up here have them and they are an awesome boat all round. As mentioned though, don't forget the over width compliance and you'll need a truck to tow it legally.

heaps of deck room and handle all conditions brilliantly. With twin 225's I'm pretty sure you'll be looking at about 70-75 lph at 26 knots or so.

im surprised there aren't more over here.

snuffs's picture

Date Joined: 06/08/12

Spoon - I test ran one of

Fri, 2014-05-09 10:18

Spoon - I test ran one of these boats when I was in the market just over a year ago. The ride was pretty good and I rated the boat as above average, but value for money I thought there were much better options out there. For the price quoted on this one, I think there is better value for money out there. In the end I opted for a Boston Whaler 255 conquest, for a few reasons, being (1) resale value (Whalers seem to hold value well, maybe due to being more well known & accepted); configuration with the whaler having more suitable seating for my needs (2 helm seats, 2 backwards facing aft seats and a fold out 3 seater at the back. In terms of size they are pretty similar (whaler 8.1m vs. Edgewater 7.92m)) and both had the same towing related issues. The Edgewater burned more fuel from memory (don't quote me on this), which was a consideration as many of my fishing trips are very deep. As with all boats I guess it really depends on what you are looking for. The Edgewater had nice inside amenities (kitchen etc.)... which I really don't use on 90% of trips ... so I saw this as additional weight to slug around for little gain. If you want to know more specifics, PM me.

sea-kem's picture

Date Joined: 30/11/09

Nice office.

Fri, 2014-05-09 10:26

Nice office.

Love the West!

snuffs's picture

Date Joined: 06/08/12

Spoon - As a benchmark

Fri, 2014-05-09 10:31

Spoon - As a benchmark comparison on the value for money, my mate last week bought locally a 2007 Boston Whaler 285 Conquest with twin 225's (300 hours) for $125k. In my mind better value for money than ...but of course you cannot tow this model without a truck (probably same issue for both boats anyhow). In terms of the fuel usage or size vs. purpose I would definitely do the maths before you buy... for example my 255 conquest uses 56% less fuel on average than by mates 285 conquest we worked out. Now for a deep sea fishing trip when I pay $300 he pays $468. over time this is a big difference. Boat size difference is only 3 ft in length (and 0.3 width), but his has inside kitchen amenities etc. that adds considerably to the weight etc... all are great boats for purpose, just depends on what you want to use it for ... overnight rotto runs ... travelling up north ... family trips ... or fishing trips etc.

spoon's picture

Date Joined: 10/04/08

Thanks guys for all the

Sat, 2014-05-10 15:43

Thanks guys for all the input,  really searching for the enclosed toilet to keep the mrs happy. There isnt many boats out there that have this in the 26 foot range.  Im heading over to america in 8 weeks for work and going to have a good look arround then.  Any other recommendations to look at except the usual boats.

thanks again

Stevo81's picture

Date Joined: 16/04/12

Hey mateTriton 2690century

Sun, 2014-05-11 09:32

Hey mate

Triton 2690

century 2600

Robalo 2650

hydra-sport 2600vector

all have enclosed head.  My mate has a triton 2690 and it's a weapon. So much room for a 26 footer. Huge cockpit and rides awesome. Robalos are awesome too. Id be looking at those two in the 26 range with min twin 225s. 

••••••••  Electrical Contractor NOR  ••••••••