Exmouth Report 7,8,9,

With the weather being reasonbly good, we have had a solid bit of fishing being done this week. This wont be that long as we are about to head out for our last days fishing before heading back south into the winter weather due to work.

7th: Headed out sth tanta's, trying to get a couple mackies, we got way passed mangrove bay, t-bone bay till we found some real nice water/ current lines. And yerh we caught mackies nothing to largey but fish in the range of 7-10kg.

8th: Murions bash chasing GT's , we were the first boat out there, and thanks to some friendly local advice from our neighbours, we found an area which Resulted in spangos to 700mm +, GT bust offs , Goldens, Red throat, and some things we never just saw which i was assuming big GT'S that just drove us straight into the coral. Funny enough i lost around $100 dollars of poppers and placcies, where my crew lost none and boated every fish.

9th: Chasing bills out wide. it was a slow day and wasnt expecting to much, i would of preferred putting in much more time chasing billfish, but its hard taking two people billfishing when they have never experienced what catching one is. To them its a mystery fish. Frustrating as s*** as this is one of the main reasons i wanted to come up here. Next time i know now not to let other dictate how we fish,as it is my boat and this is whats happening. The first week we here wi=ould of been much better times to chase billies apparently. Only one hit, but sadly no hook up, think it was a sail as it was only small.

back to the murions today again specifically chasing GT's, and then in the arvo heading wide for a red or two. will post that up with some photos of these reports soon enough. Dont want to leave this place its good to be true. Starting to understand here more and more with the tides, moon phases, its very different fishing to down perth ways.....

a hard days fishing still beats work

PGFC member

GCGFC member

Lucky Tim's picture

Date Joined: 28/11/07

good luck today guys, it's

Thu, 2011-08-11 07:39

good luck today guys, it's gonna be a nice one.

Bad luck about the tackle loss but that's GT fishing for you. Your mud crab photos got me keen for a mission last weekend but we didn't even see a single one!