GME GR200 AM/FM/VHF receiver - anyone got one

Ive just put a new GME 600 VHF radio on the boat to replace the old 27 meg radio that died and have a new 27 meg GME aerial on boat as well so heres  question 1.   Can I use a bandsplitter to attach the GR200 to the 27 meg aerial (cos its just sitting there now not being used) or do i have to attach it to the VHF aerial with a band splitter? or do I gotta go get an AM/FM areial as well (dont really want 3 aerials).   

2. I dont really wanna hear the VHF signals through the GR200 AM/FM/VHF receiver - I just wana listen to uninterupted FM music from say 92.9FM or 96FM radio stations so does it have the option to turn VHF receiver off on the GR200 unit

3. If I do have to use a bandsplitterr and attach GR200 to thee VHF radio/antenna can that result in loss of reception/transmission to the VHF radio?  

\

Cheers for any advice

scotto's picture

Date Joined: 21/04/08

i have the exact set up

Wed, 2014-08-20 13:58

I use the GME GR200 radio and GX600 VHF, both with a splitter to one x 1200mm VHF antenna. I have no problems with reception on either unit, easily getting VHF and FM radio coverage in any area I would contemplate taking my dinghy. I have transmitted VHF - VHF over a distance of 14nm.

when I first installed them, every time a broadcast would come over the VHF, the stereo (being a VHF receiver as well), would broadcast the VHF signal as well as the VHF unit, but when the first stereo died (fuckin GME shit) and I replaced it with a new one, this issue no longer happens. not sure why though.

the only reason I went with GME, is because the units have a nice slim profile that that didn't take up much room in the dinghy. If it were in a bigger boat, I would definitely go better units for both.