Gnaraloo trip 2019 may

Hey everyone heading to gnarloo for 8 days in early may just wonderingbif any tips or advice to help make the trip one to remember.Is there general depths to look for ground   ? Not after spots just any info to help get us started in right direction.Are there still ramps on beach for retreival of boat? Is there water available at homestead to wash brakes of car also? Any help would be great guys.

Thanks Brendo

Brendan Franklin

tot's picture

Date Joined: 31/01/10

G'day Brendo

Sun, 2019-04-07 17:24

Great place!

You will be taking water in with you or buying bottled there.

There usually is something laying aroung at the bay to use as tracks for launching.

Sharks , sharks and sharks! when you find ground mark it then drop without sounder on as we have found the ping to attrack the pricks. Get a couple then move on.

Generally most head north out of the bay to troll sitting aound the 18- 23m depth.

You will find fish from around 35m for bottom bashing although spearo's do fine shallower.

That should get you started. Dont be shy with a trip report when back!

Reverse cycle a/c supply and install - Ducted and wall splits

sea-kem's picture

Date Joined: 30/11/09

G'day Mate, As per Kyle

Sun, 2019-04-07 19:18

G'day Mate, As per Kyle above. Remember to float mulies for the big Mackies in deeper water. Anything that looks like reasonable structure fish it! We'll be up ther late May for 8 days. Hope you get the weather mate.

Love the West!

Date Joined: 01/03/14

Launching

Tue, 2019-04-09 22:21

Going up myself later this month and have been doing a bit of research. Good news is the road from Blow Holes has recently been graded and in good nick. Bad news is the beach is very soft at the moment. Also the tracks are constantly being removed so I suggest you take something up with you.

sea-kem's picture

Date Joined: 30/11/09

I always take up my own 2m

Wed, 2019-04-10 05:49

I always take up my own 2m Ali tracks, the beach was cleaned out last year by  the enviromental dept. And yeah agree was very soft when we were there in July.

Love the West!