Hillarys Boat, Dive & Fishing show 2016 !!

Hey guys make sure you stop by Hillarys boat harbour this Friday, Saturday and Sunday (8 - 10th April) and check out our range of quality products available along with huge savings across the board!! - Save big bucks off selected Yamaha outboards, Waverunners, Haines Hunter boats and Yamaha G3 boats plus more - Do not miss out on our boat show only promotions!

Come check out our range of boat packages available including Haines Hunter's 565 R Series packaged with Yamaha's all new F130 Four Stroke, Haines Hunter 625 Profish packaged with Yamaha's 4.2l F225 Four Stroke along with Yamaha's G3 boat package including the Angler V175FS - Angler V185F and the perfect bream / crabbing boat for the Swan River, the Gator 1756 SC 

Stop by Jetpowers stand to see the full range of products available and the huge savings that come with them - Don't forget to ask us how you can win yourself a brand new Yamaha outboard!

www.jetpoweryamaha.com.au

29 Automotive Drive, Wangara WA 6065

08 9409 4644

Image Upload: 

Date Joined: 25/09/08

Hillarys boat show

Sat, 2016-04-09 16:59

I like your comments above Jet Power Wangara but I will explain why it is I will not be going to the show,Nore any of my boat/fishing mates.Why should a person pay,to go and look at any items they want to buy,if they know what they want simply go to your business adress in Wangara,I do, and save the entry fee.The last time I went to this Hillarys show was when it was situated on the south side grassed area and was free entry. Some on here will say tight arse ,this may be true,but I see no reason to pay to see items that people want me to buy.

Marineboy's picture

Date Joined: 14/03/14

Diver

Sat, 2016-04-09 17:15

shit diver I just supported you on the flares but you are sounding like a tight arse.

Dont take the entry fee out on jetpower it's not their fault you have to pay to get in, I think you will find they also have to pay to have a display.  

My spots are so secret even the fish don't know about them !

Date Joined: 14/11/10

AGREE

Sat, 2016-04-09 19:05

I absolutely agree with your comments Diver! 

sammy85's picture

Date Joined: 31/08/10

Shittest boat show I have

Sat, 2016-04-09 19:12

Shittest boat show I have ever seen I swear it gets smaller every year. It's not your fault or a dig at you jetpower but more at the organisation or lack of really. I'm not sure if other boat builders don't want to commit to the show or they weren't invited etc. my cousin came down from gidge to come find out some information and spend some money on a new sounder plotter and a quick boat latch thingy. I should have just walked past the fence and looked 

Plumber and gas fitter- 0415489103

Date Joined: 01/02/10

How big is it? How many

Sat, 2016-04-09 19:50

How big is it? How many builders?

Does anyone know where the love of god goes, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

Date Joined: 17/06/10

Totally agree with all of the above comments.

Sat, 2016-04-09 22:29

As I have said in previous posts, the exhibitor no doubt pas for a site to exhibit his wares, then the general public pays to get into the area where all the exhibitors are hoping to sell their goods.

Now just who takes all of this money, my guess is it is the owners of the venue, who in my opinion do just about bugger all.

The only advantage of these shows is that a lot of like industries/retailers have a lot of products on display at the one venue, and some companies use these shows to show of their latest and greatest.

For me I'll avoid the hustle of crowds, parking paying to go shopping (which I won't do) and I'll get the news on new products from fishing or industry mags etc: and see what I'm interested in by going to shops after making a few phone calls.

Perhaps a tight arse view, but that's me.

Deckie's picture

Date Joined: 03/04/09

Sausage Sizzle..

Sun, 2016-04-10 20:28

The sausage sizzle done by Whitford Sea Rescue was a big hit.
Nice snack on a not so warm day.
Well done guys & for a worthy cause....

Cheers & Stay safe

Jackfrost80's picture

Date Joined: 07/05/12

This is the only reason I

Sun, 2016-04-10 20:47

This is the only reason I didn't crack the shits about paying $10 for nothing. None of the fishing stalls even had decent reels to buy!!

Officially off the Pies bandwagon

Date Joined: 23/01/15

Dissapointed

Sun, 2016-04-10 21:07

Pretty average show to be honest.

Boat, diving and fishing show?
Yes a few new boats, only one dive stall that I could see. Fishing stalls were pretty much non existint!

Nothing inspired me to open my wallet...

For a City the size of Perth you must be joking!

What do others think?

BarraSlayer's picture

Date Joined: 14/04/14

Maybe they should can

Sun, 2016-04-10 21:08

Maybe they should can it...

Boats were ok but not much else of anything. Is it me or is it getting smaller every year?

Cheers
BarraSlayer

Date Joined: 18/01/12

Then there are the

Mon, 2016-04-11 06:49

Then there are the "opportunistic" type stalls, selling timeshares, fancy frypans or other stuff totally unrelated to boating.

Usually with a bored looking person sitting twiddling their thumbs.

Give a man a mask, and he'll show you his true face...

The older you get the more you realize that no one has a f++king clue what they're doing.

Everyone's just winging it.

rigpig's picture

Date Joined: 21/11/12

drove up from Waikiki

Mon, 2016-04-11 08:56

From this point forward I will only ever attend the Mandurah Boat Show. This was the most disappointing boat show I have been to. I took a mate who is visiting from Queensland and he was completely bewildered by the whole thing. He is stunned by how much everything costs over here and how little you get for that cost. He was completely put out when we couldn't find a bar area where you could have a social beer and chat about boats and stuff.
Anyway, I'll be giving this event a miss next year.

TheFishingNinja's picture

Date Joined: 10/02/15

Waste of time

Mon, 2016-04-11 14:08

On the drive up was discussing with the wife how they could fit a boat/fishing/diving show at Hillarys.  Figured out pretty quickly how, what a waste of time.

Date Joined: 25/09/08

Boycott Next year

Tue, 2016-04-12 19:20

If it is on in 2017 and people seem to be somewhat disgrunteld with the 2016 one then boycott it save your money and go to the Mandurah one I think the shire of Joondalup got the money from this one but I am not sure,they may have donated it to the SeaSearch & Rescue Or Recfish or a Charity,but I doubt that.