lb kalbarri 19/7/14-2/8/14

Done a 2 week trip on me own of hardcore landbased fishing and fished flat out for all 2 weeks, met up with tangles and wes f on the first night for a big session down the local pub bloody hell to say i was rough the next day is an understatement it was more like i'd woken up from an autopsy.

Spinning for tailor only managed a couple fish in the 2-3kg range most of my time was spent on the cliffs with tangles gettin bricked the local sharks took quite a liking to me this trip but still manged my first legal pinky few udersize baldies some big sand snapper golden trevs skippy also dropped a good sambo and a golden est bout 10kg also fished with james 1989 one mornin and he slayed the skippy and got a nice baldy

Garies were thick and great way to relax after a hard mornings fishing

Highlights were defently my mulloway caught while fishing with tangles (cheers for getting wet brother) and ben derecki he was takin on a slab of the tailor in the pics, and helpin tangles land his cobia(handlining braid not much fun!) there were a few nerves moments but managed to get him up defently one of the best lb captures i've been apart of. 

Looking forward to doin it all again soon make sure you got your trecking shoes on tangles for next time my bloody legs are still hurting next trip wont be far away i'm hooked on that place

Qualified carpet layer available for jobs big and small 

Image Upload: 

lachieH's picture

Date Joined: 02/03/13

Some nice fish there!

Sun, 2014-08-03 16:33

Some nice fish there!

Fishing the swan for bream, it's just an obsession

Belly88's picture

Date Joined: 08/02/12

Yeow

Sun, 2014-08-03 17:48

Was waiting for your report.. Nice one brother glad to see you nailed a pink... Wish I was up there with ya.. Maybe next time..

Some wicked fish!!! Belly

sheldoncy23's picture

Date Joined: 27/02/13

Can't even wait

Sun, 2014-08-03 18:36

Mate all your reports and tangles posts are making me so keen for January! The wait is killing me already haha! Looks like you had a cracker of a trip though well done!

Callum24's picture

Date Joined: 24/06/12

sheldoncy thats prime

Sun, 2014-08-03 19:04

sheldoncy thats prime ballooning time pm me if you need help with rigs ect get ya a macy great fun on the stones misses is gonna get her first this season

Qualified carpet layer available for jobs big and small 

tangles's picture

Date Joined: 17/12/06

thankgod

Sun, 2014-08-03 19:23

thankgod yr gone my legs r shagged!! 

Was full on 2 weeks of fishing mate n had a blast! Caught a few lost a few got bricked on a few! Awsome trip!

I do a few bluff missions to get my legs ready for the nxt trip mate.

Always good to have someone whos keen to tackle some hairy spots down the cliffs with! C ya nxt trip brother!

Date Joined: 06/02/14

thats a good lookin mulloway

Mon, 2014-08-04 06:38

thats a good lookin mulloway there bud good stuff

MandurahMatt's picture

Date Joined: 18/09/13

Good fish, good story 

Mon, 2014-08-04 07:43

Good fish, good story 

Bewdey Fellaz

2fishallday's picture

Date Joined: 16/12/09

Got some nice fish mateI'm

Thu, 2014-08-07 19:10

Got some nice fish mate

I'm heading up on Sunday for a week, prob will take kayak as well, used to fishing rock and reef so just want a heads up of areas to target. Won't have every hour to fish as it Is a family trip so want to maximize  input for output.

Cheers

Ryan

Date Joined: 23/04/12

Solid tailor and even better

Thu, 2014-08-07 19:25

Solid tailor and even better croaker, that's a monster. Well done mate, might stop off at Kalbarri either on the way up to or back from Exmouth next year. Would love to get myself a nice greenback on a surface lure.