Lowrance lcx c16 antenna 4 pin, lowrance LGC 300 antenna 5 pin

Now here is a tricky question, the antenna on my old LCX C16 Lowrance sounder/GPS threw in the towel a couple of years back.

I have picked up a LGC 3000 Lowrance antenna which has a 5 pin male connection, the connection pin on the LCX C16 is 4 pin male.

The sixty four dollar questions is, is it possible to get an adaptor plug/joiner, or can the LGC 3000 be wired to a 4 pin plug.

Any help, suggestions would be most welcome, oh and don't say chuck the lowrance in the briney as I have a mate who has a tinney and I'm trying to help him out with a sounder/gps instead of him looking at the stars and trying to get a fix when he is on the estuary at night.

Thanks guys.

Date Joined: 01/02/10

Pretty sure the answer is

Wed, 2015-10-07 16:28

Pretty sure the answer is no. Old unit picked up less satellites than the newer lgc3000

Does anyone know where the love of god goes, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

wangler's picture

Date Joined: 26/04/08

I have a lowrance 7200 gps only

Wed, 2015-10-07 18:52

You can have for $100 that would fit that lgc3000

Want to make someone mad... tell a lie! Want to get the world upset... tell the TRUTH !

Dougie

Date Joined: 13/08/11

I had a LCX 16 that had the

Sun, 2015-10-11 17:04

I had a LCX 16 that had the same issue, gave it to a mate same as you and hooked up to his Garmin hand held gps through the NMEA 0183 wires that come off the power cable. Had to tell the unit to look at the NMEA network and it seemed to work fine, you could also do the same with any NMEA 0183 compatible powered GPS aerial. Powered aerials are still just under $200 (you may be able to find them cheaper or if you know a friendly boat yard owner they may have one in the electronics shelf) and may not be worth the effort. For around $400 you can get a whole new lowrance unit (smaller) with a chart card.

Date Joined: 17/06/10

Many thanks sulo

Sun, 2015-10-11 20:23

Thank you for the advice, I got the lgc3000 for a song and I thought that if it could be matched to the lcx 16 it would do him as a intro unit into fish finders with out any expenditure of the hard earned stuff.
I'll give what you have said a try and let you know how things turn out.