Port Hedland GFC 2015 Pil Barra Tournament Shirt

Just received approval for the shirt design for the Tournament and I thought I would show Members, and give the Tournament a “plug”.

This is a Tournament where there is one major sponsor so it allowed a shirt design that could be made to be reflective of the sponsors logo.  It is also a Barramundi Tournament so the fish image had to reflect the awesome nature of the fish.  After much “scouring” of images I was lucky enough to find a good one, and be lucky enough to be able to contact the photographer who would sell me the original high resolution image at a reasonable price.  Through a couple of iterations we developed a design that hopefully meets the brief of doing justice to the major sponsor, and the fish, whilst providing a shirt that the competitors will be happy to own.  The “approved” design is illustrated below.

The Tournament is on Friday the 6th, Saturday the 7th and Sunday the 8th of November 2015.  The briefing will be held on Friday the 6th at the Club Rooms McKay St Port Hedland, with fishing commencing immediately after.  Weigh in commences at 2pm on Sunday and closes at 5pm with presentations to follow.  It is a “no take” competition with all Barra to be measured, photographed and released.  If you want more information contact Hedley on 0407 427 452 or Gavin on 0427 011 991.

The cost is a very reasonable $70 for adults and $35 for juniors and if you sign up by Monday 19 October you get one of the shirts for free – I think that is a really good deal as you may pay more than that for a shirt like this in the shops.  Please support the Club and go after some of the great prizes on offer.

Speaking of shops, I am happy to report that I received advice from the City of Wanneroo that my town planning application for change of use of a premises to allow, Showroom, Light Industry, Warehouse and Offices has been approved.  It was a fair effort to find a suitable location, and then get the approvals for the uses I want to conduct there, and I am glad this phase of work is complete – although the hard work starts now.  The premises address is 7 / 65 Buckingham Drive Wangara and I will provide more details about it in future posts.  Cheers.  Mick

Ability is what you are capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it - LH.

Date Joined: 01/02/10

Looking good. Not a bad

Thu, 2015-10-01 21:47

Looking good. Not a bad group of guys there too.

Does anyone know where the love of god goes, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

Date Joined: 30/12/09

Looks good Mick. Will you be

Fri, 2015-10-02 05:00

Looks good Mick. Will you be fishing it this year dodgy? 

Get busy living, or get busy dying!

Date Joined: 01/02/10

Nah mate. I'm down at Sino

Fri, 2015-10-02 07:21

Nah mate. I'm down at Sino at the moment on a build that will go till early next year. Might come back to Hedland after that depending on what else comes up. 

Does anyone know where the love of god goes, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

Date Joined: 30/12/09

Yeah no probs. not sure if

Fri, 2015-10-02 15:44

Yeah no probs. not sure if I'm going to be up there then either. 

Get busy living, or get busy dying!