SHARK BAY 1 WEEK IN MAY 2016

HI All

we had a week in shark bay from Sat the 7th to sat 14th

saturday arvo -windy no fishing

sunday all day -windy no fishing

monday gear ready boat loaded -windy no fishing

tuesday wind dropped headed up to peron for a look caught 2 massive golden trevally and some odd sorts of fish.We went across to Dampier Reef some pinkys red thoat and 2 baldies .Then the wind came in and it was slow going at 9-11 knots for 40 odd mile back to denham at 11pm ouch sore and fuel bill wow.

wednesday the crows were calling and woke up to glass headed out to steep awsome conditions got a reasonable feed out in the 90s  home just on dark and it was like glass.I got the WOODUCK hat nw blowie while the others caught reds.

thursday the same flat as up to turtle bay and around cape inscription found ground in the 70-80m mark and it was a hot bite big reds to 7.5kg rankins also solid i hooke something on the electric that nearly pulled the back of the cat around before it broke the surface and spat the squid /not a shark maybe because of speed we think saily or marlin and all hooks and bait still attached then trolled back only to have Steve hook up something solid that tore 150-200m of 37 kg in about 20-30 seconds and parted on the backing line we called that a horse tuna .

friday back up to turtle out the front in the 60s and across to dampier reef found a patch of big pinkies some rankin a couple of reds ...NOTE TO ONESELF DAMPIER REEF CAN PRODUCE SWELLS FROM NOWHERE ... into 12 m caught cobia on jig some coral cod on jig another baldy some red throat etc.5pm headed back on glassy seas ..FILLET FISH beerrs bed then headed home in the morning ..

all in all good for the few days we wet a line, drank beers took the piss had a blast cheers to JIMBO / BIG Q / STEEEVVVE

COLLINGWOOD ARMY...

Image Upload: 

Date Joined: 08/08/11

Sounds like a top trip with

Thu, 2016-05-19 16:51

Sounds like a top trip with good variety.  Don't you just love those glass offs?  Some cracking reds there!

Fish! HARD!

scano's picture

Date Joined: 31/05/07

Awesome boat!

Thu, 2016-05-19 18:16

Noosa cat = awesome fishing trips.

scano

crowie's picture

Date Joined: 16/11/14

Awesome

Fri, 2016-05-20 07:11

I got back from ther recently and by the sounds of your post i should have gone another 10km and i woulda cleaned up... spewin went south and fished the 70m out from steep and got nothing but blowies. went north and got sharked bigtime

Date Joined: 17/06/10

But

Tue, 2016-05-24 21:57

I bet the blowies were bolt cutter size, LOL

crowie's picture

Date Joined: 16/11/14

My Favourite

Wed, 2016-05-25 07:12

Part was when we went through a patch we would all reel up and have no hooks left. Loved it

Date Joined: 26/04/14

Couple big reds few beers

Sat, 2016-05-21 08:43

Couple big reds few beers mint conditions for the most. Job done I'd say. 

Cheers for the post