shimano saragosa sw 10000 reel drag

hey guys just used my new saragosa sw 10000 today for the first time bottom bouncing 

we were in about 40m of water when my sinkler got snagged so i grabbed the spool so i could break it off

only to my surprise he inner part of the spool was still slipping like it has another drag

does anyione know what this is and what is the purpose of it?

by the way  i love the real as feels great alhough have not yey caught anytning big enough to give it a work out

any help on this would be apprecciated 

flangies's picture

Date Joined: 11/05/08

I'd say the cause of your

Sun, 2016-01-03 17:18

I'd say the cause of your failure is the braid slipping around the spool. Most likely it was not spooled correctly, take it back to where you had it spooled and ask them to re-spool it. If you did it yourself, make sure the first few wraps of the spool are either connected to mono line or biting on something like electrical tape. You can put the braid directly on the spool but it has to be very even lays and a bit of tension. 

Date Joined: 09/03/13

do you mean the braid was

Sun, 2016-01-03 17:21

do you mean the braid was turning on the spool ? if so the braid is slipping and you will need a small amout of backing or some insulation tape or something similar on the spool b4 you put braid on.

or actually part of the spool spinning ?

Edit haha looks like flangies beat me to it. :)

Date Joined: 26/11/12

As above, u need a mono

Sun, 2016-01-03 17:30

As above, u need a mono style line as backing on the spool then load up the braid. It eliminates braid slipping on the spool and also it's a good tell tale sign when your hooked up to something big and about to run out of line! :) I had this exact same problem when I started using braid for the first time. Time for a re spool bud! 

Date Joined: 13/10/12

thanks guys it was the line

Mon, 2016-01-04 16:54

thanks guys it was the line slipping i took it back to the shop and they fixed it