Some good fishing of lancelling sunday 25.3.12

Went out fishing with a couple of mates last sunday and had a great day... we took two boats and found some good ground early in they day where the first couple of drops produced 3 size dhuies and one of them possibly about 10kg... We then went out a bit further and in around 60-70m of water were able to get on to some pink snapper 1 size 1 under and another dhuie under all appeared to release well I hope. I then got a massive pull and my TLD20 with 50lb braid started taking line... half an hour later and with shaky arms I pulled a 1.5m shark up to the boat, needless to say no-one was keen to pull him up on to my 5m trailcraft deck so we cut him off, It a shame I ddint think to take a picture at the time. All up we got 1 Pinky, 4 Dhuies (2 per boat), 2 Baldies, 1 Queeny & 1 Fox Fish Keepers I think thwere was a blackass aswell cant remember... I am still yet to catch my firts dhuie but after being a part of all that I cant wait...

Image Upload: 

Brock O's picture

Date Joined: 11/01/08

Nice Catch

Thu, 2012-03-29 18:39

Dave, well done on a good day out. All good healthy eating size fish.

Am still to land a baldy myself, yumm 

bitten's picture

Date Joined: 07/04/10

Nice dhuies  very impressive

Thu, 2012-03-29 18:59

Nice dhuies  very impressive only one I have caught amature fishing threw the hooks at the boat and swam away

Date Joined: 23/01/09

Nice catch

Fri, 2012-03-30 19:33

Very good bag there guys. But once again people not following the rules. 2 dhuies per boat. 

Date Joined: 23/01/09

Sorry

Fri, 2012-03-30 19:36

Sorry guys never red the post just looked at pictures typical male mistake. 

Brock O's picture

Date Joined: 11/01/08

All Good

Fri, 2012-03-30 19:45

Maskie we all on the same page!!

Dave i have never fished out off lancallin and the last report ive seen from joe D he launched from the beach, did you do the same?

Is there a boat ramp there and if not how hard is it to beach launch there?.

DavidBaricevic's picture

Date Joined: 30/10/10

Brock O, yeah we launched off

Sat, 2012-03-31 07:09

Brock O, yeah we launched off the beach, It wasn't too bad with my boat 4.85mtr trailcraft but it was a bit harder in my mates boat a 6.5mtr Coraline... we used 3 cars to get up there one was to pull the coraline/car combo out of the water but in the end didnt need it....1982 Patrol managed to get it out by itself (impressive) although I did smell a bit of clutch. As for our bag limits Maskie I am very well aware of what we can and can not catch... the reason why all the dhuies were in the same tank is because on the coraline there is a massive underfloor staorage and we put all our fish in there the drive home (needed my esky for beer) I took that photo on the boat ramp. We had 4 people on the big boat and 3 on mine all with RFBL (licences). I always check the size limits and rules and even carry a waterproof copy on board in case we forget something. I will always fish for the future as I also hate it when people take undersize fish or over their bag limits....

Faulkner Family's picture

Date Joined: 11/03/08

great catch amongst you all.

Sat, 2012-03-31 10:35

great catch amongst you all. gotta be happy getting into the fish like that. i personally dont like them below deck tanks, you need to have the fish on ice at least. 

would have been interesting watching to see what happened with the big boat being beach launched. at least the nissan prooved itself to be a tough 4x4.

Well done to all

RUSS and SANDY. A family that fishes together stays together