Steep Point December 2021

Hi everyone,

Anyone been up to Steep recently?  Just wanting to get a gauge on track conditions in and whether many fish have been around.  Camping at Blackies for a week, early December and towing a 4.2m tinny in.  Hoping to focus a fair bit on boat fishing, ballooning  and off the rocks.  I've spent hours combing the old threads, any other advice welcome.

Thanks

Quintrex Bayhunter 475

Randell 28 Cabin Cruiser

Savage 4.2 Centre console

Date Joined: 21/05/12

10 days ago; road is as

Mon, 2021-11-22 14:15

10 days ago; road is as good as ever until u get past the saltmine- being graded often

1 st and 2nd dune badly scalloped by camping trailers- ull feel the wave ;p

brand new dunnies a t faultline and ovens

buddharock's picture

Date Joined: 19/09/12

Thanks for the update, much

Mon, 2021-11-22 16:27

Thanks for the update, much appreciated.  Those dunes are a bugger, good to know the toilets are new.  Would be nice if the smell of piss has been washed away from the ovens as well.

Quintrex Bayhunter 475

Randell 28 Cabin Cruiser

DTrain's picture

Date Joined: 10/02/12

I went in October and managed

Wed, 2021-11-24 17:03

I went in October and managed to tow a 6 meter ally in and out without too much issues.

Just let your tyres down a decent amount when you get to the sign post before the first big dune, and keep your momentum up as you go over the dunes.

The beach at Blackies was soft as. I tried to drive down there with my boat and got pretty bogged.

Once we got unstuck we went around the corner to the DHI Barge spot and launched there. The beach is rock hard over that side and the water gets deep pretty quickly which makes it easy to launch and retreive there.

buddharock's picture

Thanks DTrain.  We stayed at

Mon, 2021-11-29 13:54

Thanks DTrain.  We stayed at Blackies same time last year and were able to get the tinny in but think this year to try around the corner.  Should save a lot of hassle.  Not really looking forward to the dunes but will be happy once that part is over.

Quintrex Bayhunter 475

Randell 28 Cabin Cruiser

buddharock's picture

Thanks DTrain.  We stayed at

Mon, 2021-11-29 13:54

Thanks DTrain.  We stayed at Blackies same time last year and were able to get the tinny in but think this year to try around the corner.  Should save a lot of hassle.  Not really looking forward to the dunes but will be happy once that part is over.

Quintrex Bayhunter 475

Randell 28 Cabin Cruiser