Timms Thickett 4/1/11

Spent an enjoyable evening a Timms Thickett last nite,gentle breeze till dark then still till the northerly 7.30 thismorning.

Fishing wasnt as good as it could have been,Blowies are thick,never seen them as thick.Between my bro and I we removed around 120 of them.

I did get 3 nice Tailor 35,37 and 43 cm.Makes up for the 6 just undersize I put back into the cut last week.

Shame about the blowies,prevented us targeting whiting,well catching them.Was told the blowies are thick all the way up that beach.

Andrew

cuthbad's picture

Date Joined: 22/04/09

bad luck about the blowies

Wed, 2011-01-05 21:26

bad luck about the blowies mate, at least you got onto a few tailor.

GROGfish's picture

Date Joined: 31/12/10

Do they move in mobs?

Wed, 2011-01-05 21:38

I think the blowies must move around in mobs on that bit of coast.  I was a Binningup last week and only got one blowie - often at this time we get heaps.  Perhaps they went for a holiday to Tim's? Maybe the tailor follow them too cos we only got one size tailor in a week of trying!

Feet in sand, rod in water, beer in hand - the perfect counselling session!

Faulkner Family's picture

Date Joined: 11/03/08

good job on eliminating so

Wed, 2011-01-05 21:59

good job on eliminating so many blowies. at least you got a few tailor for your troubles

RUSS and SANDY. A family that fishes together stays together

Date Joined: 11/12/10

The blowies are strong at

Thu, 2011-01-06 00:47

The blowies are strong at longpoint at the moment. i have found if you wait until after dark they taking your bait and you get some real fish but tailor is coming in undersize one we got 25cm another only about 20cm