Trailcraft 6400 Sportscab

Does anyone have any feedback on them, beyond ally hulls slamming?

Seriously contemplating upgrading from a CC due to having a family and needing more protection. The 6400 I like due to having the V Berth and plenty of deck space.

Date Joined: 01/02/10

Some ally hulls ride worse

Tue, 2015-04-14 06:45

Some ally hulls ride worse than others. I've never experienced one that banged harder than that model trailcraft.

Does anyone know where the love of god goes, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

Happy Hooker's picture

Date Joined: 12/11/08

They are light

Tue, 2015-04-14 07:45

But pretty strong boats . It's a bit of a trade off between stability at rest ( when you have everyone fishing on one side and it's very stable) v some banging which isn't that bad if trimmed correctly . With weight up front / loaded up and trimmed well I don't find the ride that bad. Have been out in slop , up to dirk hartog from Denham no problems . Been on worse and better . As for the boats themselves I find it well made structurally and sealed deck is great . Have trailblazer in 6.4 which is same boat without berths . It's 2007 so not sure of new ones. Very dry which is good for family and rarely get wet .

best bet is to take one out for a run when weather is not that crash hot to see for yourself.not sure when you are thinking of buying happy to have you have a look time permitting for me but am busy next month or so ...off to DHI Monday for a few weeks. 

Swompa's picture

Date Joined: 14/10/12

Cheers for the offer for a

Tue, 2015-04-14 13:01

Cheers for the offer for a ride. Ideally I am looking to buy over the winter period though due to redundancy, the spending money fund is entirely dependent on gaining new employment in a timely manner.

Date Joined: 02/09/14

trailcraft

Tue, 2015-04-14 15:25

Hi Swompa,

I purchased a new Trailcraft Trailblazer 6.4 with a 200 Optimax in Feb 2013, which was brilliant fishing boat. almost too much room, as I took the model with the smaller cab. was deadly at full noise with that brutal 200 Optimax.
Unfortunately, the company I was working for ( FORGE GROUP ) went into liquidation in Feb 2014, so the boat had to go, as there was no money. Fortunately, I had enough money left from selling the Trailcraft and was able to buy my 22ft Fraser. I loved the Trailcraft, but Fibreglass is definatley more comfortable in the chop

Wez0062

silly's picture

Date Joined: 02/01/09

Got the 6400 trailblazer,

Tue, 2015-04-14 19:58

Got the 6400 trailblazer, same setup without the cab.. Good boats! They are a BIG boat for their size, it's the same length as the newer 660's (close to 7m all up with a 2.58m beam) plenty of space and built tough. It can bang a little but this can be somewhat minimised. Been out in some pretty average weather and she handled it fine. They are good bang for your buck (no pun intended)

There are a few of them out there with 135-150hp motors which are underpowered so try to find something with 175 or higher if you can.  

Swompa's picture

Date Joined: 14/10/12

Thanks for the info. Just

Tue, 2015-04-14 21:46

Thanks for the info. 

Just need to get a job so I can spend the Redundo cash...

Date Joined: 04/05/15

Sorry to say but I didn't had

Wed, 2015-05-06 13:45

Sorry to say but I didn't had any expereince with Trailcraft 6400. Still I will try to get more detailed info for you.

Cheers!

Micheal Williams