2000 ford courier feedback?

Hi Fellas,

A couple of months back I was looking to get a light truck but the deal just didn't work out and it was all too hard.  Instead I'm looking at getting a 4 door 4wd ute for under $10k and came accross this one below, just wondering if anyone has had much to do with them and can give me some feedback before I enter into a purchase.

Any other suggestions for vehicles are welcome, need to buy this week-end in Perth.

2000 Ford Courier 2.5l manual 4x4 ute,
Excellent condition,
Just had new gear box 12 months ago.
Comes with roof rack and near new tonneau cover.
Fantastic work ute.

Site Admin - Just ask if you need assistance

Image Upload: 

cudbfishn's picture

Date Joined: 06/04/09

I had one that pulled a

Wed, 2013-10-30 19:15

I had one that pulled a trailer around for nearly 200 000kms. was a good bus. I did do the gearbox and radiator. other than that was trouble free. Fifth gear is a common problem in those cars but if your gearbox has been done it would be awesome.

JohnF's picture

Date Joined: 07/07/10

Adam, I had a 2.5 turbo

Wed, 2013-10-30 21:12

Adam, I had a 2.5 turbo diesel 2000 Courier crew cab for several years. Really good value 4x4, certainly not fancy and certainly not the best 4WD, but very good value. Same money got you a really crappy non turbo Hilux.

5th gear can be an issue but I towed my old 5.4 m trailcraft around and no issues and did a fair bit of beach work.

Motor is quite gutless standard, but REALLY easy to increase by 40%. I increased boost from 7 9 psi to 15 psi by adding a boost bleed valve ($15 needle valve) I made up myself that goes in the turbo wastegate line, and then added more fuel by adjusting the fuel pump (loosen 3 screws, turn the top of the pump 45 degrees, tighten screws......that easy). You then just tune by adding more fuel (turning fuel pump top) until you get a bit of black smoke at full throttle, then back it off a bit. The technical way is to use a exhaust temp guage, but I did mine by eye, and had no problems.

Mine would blow the doors off a new turbo Hilux.....quite amusing really. Hilux a much better car, but also 3 times the price.

That one looks good. How many km? I sold mine for $9500, it was a bit rough but only has 120,000 km and went harder than any other Courier.........

Boston Whaler 235 Conquest......getting the flogging it was built for.

Adam Gallash's picture

Date Joined: 29/11/05

250kms

Wed, 2013-10-30 21:56

250,000kms and 6,5k urgent. Just not sure as theres 07 hiluxes done 140kms at dealerships for 9 that make me wonder.

Site Admin - Just ask if you need assistance

kempy's picture

Date Joined: 28/05/09

Dont have many come in or

Wed, 2013-10-30 21:47

Dont have many come in or have seen with probelms so that should tell you something.

Dinkum Auto Electrical A/C & Mechanical Unit 10/16 Kent way Malaga 0438755754 Also Mobile

Open 7 days except when we are fishn For all your auto electrical needs

JohnF's picture

Date Joined: 07/07/10

250k is a lot......other

Wed, 2013-10-30 22:25

250k is a lot......other peripherals like altenaters, starter motors, gaskets etc start to fail at this sort of km. I would consider a 07 Hilux 140k for 9........

Boston Whaler 235 Conquest......getting the flogging it was built for.

the_dude84's picture

Date Joined: 15/03/11

My old boy has had one from

Sun, 2013-11-03 11:15

My old boy has had one from almost new and its done almost 450 000kms, no major dramas and has towed a few things in its time with it with out a hassle. I know the gearbox is getting a bit tired. He's put a new radiator in it and had the injectors done. It's getting a little tired now, but overall a good bus- have driven it many times myself!