another mulloway caught at narrow this morning. 27/11/08

a 14.90kg, 128cm long mulloway was caught at the narrows this morning at about 2.30am.

more detail will be added as soon as i get them as ofcoz with pic too. heehee~

update update update!!! finally got that A@@ on the fone for as much datail i can remember to ask

so here it is...

arrived at about 10pm where nothing was biting.  therefore rig was left hanging in the air

till about 12am when he finally caught the first tailor. hooked it up and back it went into the water.

at about 1.30pm the 1st run happened. due to that the was on the other side of the carpark taking a pee when it happened.

the rod holder droped and the rod and reel went onto the floor. w/o zipping up, he rushed to the 'resuce' my gear from it

being donated to the fish Gods. anyway, thats was a no hook up. the 2nd run came about 30mins later, same rig, same spot.

BTW, he said he was fishing near some flags. which i have no idea where he is talking about. by back to the report. 2nd run

was no good to as it came back with a well cut up tailor. 3rd run was intresting as it was taken the sec the live tailor hit the water.

being too excited and pumped up by the first 2 runs, 3rd run again return with a cut up tailor.

4th run was when he got 'him'(he said he could tell that the fish was a male). the alarm when off and he off the alarm with a thump on

on the spool. letting the fish take out about 1/4 spool of line b4 he tighten the line but this time he did not set the hook as he said soomeone

there told him that the type of hook that was in my box need no setting. only tighten the line and the fight begun.

according to him, it was a weak fish for it size as the fight lasted only somewhere between 15-20mins without too much line being pulled out.

the drag was set to about 4lb and lessen during the fight as he wanted to play the fish well. he ended with about 1lb drag b4 the fish

came to the surface. it was finally landed with his buddy jumping into the warm swan river to lift the fish up.

he too added that he had a couple of guys who came over as ask to have their photo taken to pretent that they were the ones who caught the

fish. LOL...

btw, he's a greedy pig who went back to the same spot to try his luck again on friday morning. think the fish Gods are fair and he did not get another. but some guys

in the middle of the bridge did and he est it to be about 8-12kg. (dont count on that guys, if i know him well enough from class, his est are alway way off the mark but u can be sure that something was landed from the middle of the bridge)

schecky's picture

Date Joined: 25/08/08

narrows is firing atm!

Thu, 2008-11-27 15:41

narrows is firing atm!

jng's picture

Date Joined: 03/08/07

Otoshi, what time did you

Thu, 2008-11-27 16:34

Otoshi, what time did you get to narrows? Do you drive an toyota by any chance?

otoshi's picture

Date Joined: 02/09/08

i do drive a toyota in perth

Thu, 2008-11-27 16:56

i do drive a toyota in perth but i am now in malaysia.

i am reporting for a mate of mine who when fishing there.

more details will be added as soon as i catch hold of him in the evening over the fone.

Always Time For Fishing

original teenage's picture

Date Joined: 09/07/07

hey otoshi. = ]..sounds good

Thu, 2008-11-27 18:45

hey otoshi. = ]..sounds good for tommorow night...was it ur mate that caught it? what gear and bait ,rigs etc did he get it on = ]..pm me if it helps = ]
FISHINGS THE BEST ,BEATS THE REST.
XD...

Date Joined: 27/11/08

was there last night,

Thu, 2008-11-27 19:25

was there last night, actually saw the fish being caught :P, i think the rain and wind had to play a part in it all :D, otehrwise narrows is usually dead

otoshi's picture

wow! would u give us some

Thu, 2008-11-27 20:05

wow! would u give us some details about it? like how long did the battle took, where was the bait picked up and etc. (since i still cant get him a hold of him yet)

by the way,  it was raining?was the wind strong? he better have clean up all my gear and replace whatever he loss before he leave perth too... else his butt is mine for the coming next sem.

Always Time For Fishing

Colin Hay's picture

Date Joined: 23/10/07

Otoshi, I bet you wish you were there

Thu, 2008-11-27 19:25

(Colin 1 - Co-founding member of the prestigious Colin Club)

Moderator. Proud member of the Fishwrecked "Old Farts". Make sure your subscribed to Fishwrecked Reeltime http://fishwrecked-reeltime.com/

ahah .colin..why do y say

Thu, 2008-11-27 19:30

ahah .colin..why do y say that? = ]

XD...

Colin Hay's picture

I bet he wishes he caught that Mulla OT

Thu, 2008-11-27 19:32

Not too many of them caught up in Malaysia.

Moderator. Proud member of the Fishwrecked "Old Farts". Make sure your subscribed to Fishwrecked Reeltime http://fishwrecked-reeltime.com/

haha/..yerh,,,he would have

Thu, 2008-11-27 19:44

haha/..yerh,,,he would have stolen my wish for two whole years if it was on his line..haha...90% effort 5% bait and 5% luck = ]..= mulloway

XD...

otoshi's picture

OT, it actully happened on

Thu, 2008-11-27 19:59

OT, it actully happened on my line. LOL... my gears and all. just not me getting the fish!!!! and believe it or not, the "mate" of mine even took my car there. he uses everthing of mine as if it was his. AHHHHH!!!!! oh well, thats what mates r for.

Mr Colin, yes, how i wish i was there... but well, my day will come.. (soon i hope)

btw, are there any in malaysia? never seen them in the market b4. 

still cant catch him. will try again tomolo. cant wait to know the details on how it actully happened.

Always Time For Fishing

Colin Hay's picture

Your turn will come Otoshi

Thu, 2008-11-27 19:58

do ya know what bait was it

Thu, 2008-11-27 20:02

do ya know what bait was it taken on?
XD...

otoshi's picture

OT, if i am not wrong. he

Thu, 2008-11-27 20:10

OT, if i am not wrong. he was using tailor. rig would be the same as what u taught me as of what i told him. basically everything the same. and i am guessing the pickup spot might even be the same. but again. its only my guess, once i get the detail tomolo, i will update this post.

Always Time For Fishing

sweet..hopefully we will get

Thu, 2008-11-27 20:25

sweet..hopefully we will get into them tommorow. = ] ..when u coming back to perth?looking forward to it = ]..and we can go fishing again..yay!

XD...

otoshi's picture

ofcoz buddy.. end of feb

Thu, 2008-11-27 21:37

ofcoz buddy.. end of feb 2009 dude...
Always Time For Fishing

Leemo's picture

Date Joined: 22/02/07

wat rig do you use OT? i did

Fri, 2008-11-28 06:38

wat rig do you use OT? i did have some live baiting rigs made up by they managed to all go walkabout. hooked throguh the head? thats what a guy i was fishing with did and he got three runs in one night and landed one of them

formerly Irish

take a woman fishing and she will want to learn, teach a women to fish and she will outfish you for the rest of your life!

bludgin' since 94'

it depend on the tide and

Fri, 2008-11-28 06:46

it depend on the tide and the current ,mate,these few days we have been fishing at the top of the tide in the river which is high and calm..we use snelled circles with no sinker.but if the conditions are rough ,a runnning sinker will do the trick = ]

XD...

hey OT, yeah ur mate wouldnt

Fri, 2008-11-28 15:59

hey OT, yeah ur mate wouldnt be the one driving the car with the blue neons would it??? i forgot his name but hes a curtin uni student doing electrical, i think its definatelly him. yeah, well i think he had your rig going, the Abu garcia reel with the alarm on it with a 20pound monoline~ yeah definatelly him LOL

haaha..yeh it is...he is

Sat, 2008-11-29 10:42

haaha..yeh it is...he is otoshi on this page....the creater of this forum topic.lol
XD...

otoshi's picture

huh? OT, since when did i

Sat, 2008-11-29 11:37

huh? OT, since when did i have blue neon under my car? u did not put them in for me did u?

Always Time For Fishing

lol..haha..narh ..good fish

Sat, 2008-11-29 12:06

lol..haha..narh ..good fish none the less = ]...nice pics
XD...

otoshi's picture

but i have got blue LEDs.

Sat, 2008-11-29 16:11

but i have got blue LEDs. heehee~

Always Time For Fishing

honsu chin's picture

Date Joined: 20/09/05

great report and nice fish.

Sat, 2008-11-29 13:35

great report and nice fish. What I want to know is how do you tell what sex is the mulloway? Did he find out when he gutted the fish?? Just wondering as I could never tell a mulloway's sex until its gutted.

* Oceanside- Advice, Knowledge, Experience....that's our difference * 

Manager/Tackle Rat @ "Oceanside Tackle & Marine"
364 South Street, O'Connor, Perth Ph# 9337 5682

otoshi's picture

honsu, not sure about

Sat, 2008-11-29 16:20

honsu, not sure about mulloway but with those japanese carp (koi). the only way i know of is to sex the fish. and when i say sex the fish is by rubbing your hands from about the last few rib bone till the part where the butthole is (i hope its the correct way of putting it.) one direction. from the lest few bones of the rib towards the tail to the butthole. if there's white stuff coming out from there = male, if yellow or brown  stuffs = female. not sure if he used this method. but i am assuming its the same for most fishes.

how do u tell when u gut the fish? is there something that i need to look out for or something that i should not find? pls advice.

Always Time For Fishing

from what i heard

Sat, 2008-11-29 16:13

from what i heard honsu,female has a longer private part than the male on the other hand a male has more towards a 'V' shape private part

XD...

Shag's picture

Date Joined: 15/10/06

The female ones have longer

Sat, 2008-11-29 16:59

The female ones have longer eye lashes and lip stick lol CHEERS SHAG

Before you can become a Master Fisherman You must be a Master Baiter

Date Joined: 21/02/08

Didn't think you would be

Sat, 2008-11-29 17:22

Didn't think you would be pushing that line after your last trip to Thailand.

the one who sleeps with the

Sun, 2008-11-30 17:53

the one who sleeps with the fish~ LOL thats just too hardcore

PilbaraBrad's picture

Date Joined: 16/05/07

boys are doing well

Sun, 2008-11-30 18:01

boys are doing well

Leemo's picture

Date Joined: 22/02/07

i got nothing on the weekend

Thu, 2008-12-04 09:42

i got nothing on the weekend there but i reckon we got there too early. heaps of tailor tho.... my time will come eventually

formerly Irish

take a woman fishing and she will want to learn, teach a women to fish and she will outfish you for the rest of your life!

bludgin' since 94'

otoshi's picture

SOI, do keep trying. u will

Mon, 2008-12-08 23:00

SOI, do keep trying. u will get them one day.

Always Time For Fishing