Demersal/Light jigging for the 100th time.

Assuming you guys have covered this a few times but posting it anyways, just got my light jigging outfit sorted and was wondering what jigs you guys use and the prices, what sort of ground do you look for, same as bottom bashing?? Baitfish hanging near or just off the bottom? I dont have to many spots as its been hard to get out as much as i would like so some prospecting will more than likely be in order. Will be fishing around rottnest most of the time. Am fishing with a 2500 reel and pe 1-3 rod most likely be loading 1.5 or 2 on the reel, not sure yet. Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

JD

Twiddling my thumbs with velvet gloves on.

hlokk's picture

Date Joined: 04/04/08

If its the 100th time, which

Thu, 2011-09-08 12:14

If its the 100th time, which of those questions werent addressed in the previous 99 posts? ;)

PE2 on a 2500 sounds a little heavy though. As for what to look for, whatever you normally look for :p

Jamos Damokos's picture

Date Joined: 11/08/11

Smart ass ;)Didnt look at the

Thu, 2011-09-08 12:19

Smart ass ;)

Didnt look at the other 99 posts to lazy, was more so looking for jig weights, colours, hook size, brands.... f**k it i'll just buy a crap load and figure it out myself. Reel claims 200m of pe 2 so figured it was enough, was leaning towards 1.5 though. 

hlokk's picture

Date Joined: 04/04/08

Well, more about what it can

Thu, 2011-09-08 12:22

Well, more about what it can support than what it can fit. Depends on the drag pressure and whether you need to bust off your line.

Several threads about colours, weights, brands, hook sizes, and much quicker than waiting for new replies. Same amount of reading anyways :p

Jamos Damokos's picture

All good just loaded up my

Thu, 2011-09-08 12:55

All good just loaded up my cart with a range of evergreen, shimano and few other random jigs pinks, sardine, glow, orange ect ect 60-90g a dozen or so should do for now. Reel has 7kg drag, daiwa bradia, will be going with 1.5, rods a jm sabre game 55s, think i got it sorted just wanted some advice on jigs really.

Date Joined: 17/08/11

http://fishwrecked.com/forum/

Thu, 2011-09-08 13:18

http://fishwrecked.com/forum/favourite-dhu-bait-jig-plastic

http://fishwrecked.com/forum/knife-jigs-and-octo-jigs

http://fishwrecked.com/forum/demersal-jig-choices

Search function found these returns, hopefully it will help you, they helped to steer me hopefully in the right direction. Google finds a few articles from other websites. 

Oceanside Tackle's picture

Date Joined: 23/07/09

Light Jigging -

Thu, 2011-09-08 13:43

JD 

what sort of ground do you look for, same as bottom bashing??

Yes, look for structure ie reef or coral but the smaller stuff ie 3-5m works better for us.

was wondering what jigs you guys use and the prices

JFLab "Baitfish"

Duel "Tamentai"

Shout "Stays"

Apache "Deep Twitcher"

Williamson "Vortex"

Eupro "Surebaits"

Eupro Marugo Namari (Pirate style jig)

Sizes 80-140grams and Prices from $9.95 upwards.

Oceanside Team - Specializing in Jigging for demersal, Super Deep Fishing and Cockburn Sound Pink Snapper.

Don't forget to ~ Like us on Facebook ~ 

Phone #(08) 9337 5682 - Shop 4/364 South Street O'Connor - OPEN 7 Days

Jamos Damokos's picture

Will swing past and grab some

Thu, 2011-09-08 13:56

Will swing past and grab some of what you have in stock, have you guys restocked your braid wall yet? Looking for pe 1.5 you didnt have to much last time i was in.

Cheers

Oceanside Tackle's picture

Date Joined: 23/07/09

braid -

Thu, 2011-09-08 14:11

JD, yes the PE1.5 Super PE (Jap braid) is in stock I will put one aside for you.

Blake

Oceanside Team - Specializing in Jigging for demersal, Super Deep Fishing and Cockburn Sound Pink Snapper.

Don't forget to ~ Like us on Facebook ~ 

Phone #(08) 9337 5682 - Shop 4/364 South Street O'Connor - OPEN 7 Days