Fcv588 running tm260

Hi, Just got back from exmouth and thought id throw up a screen shot of some ground we found out in the deep, pulled a few 30kg+ grey band cod and couple rubys. 

Cheers

Image Upload: 

Billy pink's picture

Date Joined: 07/12/10

Sat, 2017-05-06 21:20

not sure why picture uploaded sideways

Date Joined: 12/11/12

deep drop

Sun, 2017-05-07 07:54

looks like its reading very well at that depths.  I seen the pics of the fish an they were solid . have to go out wide of  the lumps billy pink. ps  they look straight to me but I  did have a few beer last night.haha nice 1

Aquadisiac's picture

Date Joined: 21/05/17

Unreal image

Mon, 2017-05-22 06:11

Hi Billy,

Unreal image you've got on you sounder. Any chance you'd be able to help me out with what sort of settings you're running and what transducer selection you went with on the unit? I'm running the same set up but I get a weak picture in HF out to about 160m and my LF gives me no image at all, it doesn't seem to get signal back. I'm trying to figure out if it's the settings on my sounder or the angle of the trans.

In shallower water it'll read at 30-40m running at close to 30knots so it is ok until I try push deeper.

Cheers.  

Billy pink's picture

Date Joined: 07/12/10

Sat, 2017-05-27 07:43

hey Aquadisaic, I am just running the standard 1kw selection in the menu, i know alot of people run the TVG setting on high but i found it clutterd up the screen to much so just ran it on medium. Not sure if you have already done it but One major thing would be to go into your settings and select calibration on the menu list and turn your Lf and Hf up to full power +20 made a huge difference. Another help i found was running chart speed on 2x1 when looking for ground and then switch back to x1 when on the drift. Any more then 6knots i loose picture.hope this helps you out a bit. Cheers