GP1971F - C-Map card - Contour line information - Bathymetric C-Map Data

Hi All,

Recently installed a Furuno GP1971F into the boat. Im still working on it but so far its ok. One thing though im wondering is the lack of contour information showing on the unit. When you zoom into the 3 Mile reef area for example, you dont really see any contour info esp when comparing it to Navionics on my phone. Just wondering if I have the set up not quite right / some setting not on correctly? I was thinking of maybe getting the CMap Bathymetric data for Perth in the hope I may get more data?? Anyone gone down this route?? Don't really want to set up another screen like an Ipad to run Navionics but I guess that is an option.....but seems crazy after spend ~2k on the new unit to still need some other device.

Cheers for any help / info.

BTW im running the Aust-NZ data pack from C MAP

steve

Date Joined: 23/11/14

c map furuno 1971

Tue, 2019-12-31 17:51

Stevo you need to turn on the bathy function it does not come up automatically. Turn unit on go to home menu, select settings,  go to the map  option menu select it,  go to the vad option select it, then go downn to the high res fishing bathymetric option select it. You now should have the contour lines on the screen. This also applies to other options such as bottom discrimination as well as as accu fish etc. Furuno requires you to select individual features. Go thru all options in the home menu area to install all of the features. Best wishes. 

Date Joined: 04/09/16

Hi Squalis, Apologies for the

Mon, 2020-02-24 17:33

Hi Squalis,

Apologies for the time gone getting back to you.  thanks for your advice....I will try your setting suggestions and let you know how I get on.  cheers steve

Date Joined: 23/11/14

furuno

Wed, 2020-02-26 18:30

Thanks Stevo, hope it all works out, a pleasure to help . The 1971 is a great little unit.