Grady white seafarer 228 vs caribbean 2300/2400 vs cruise craft 685 opinions

Hi guys,

I understand this topic has been touched somewhat awhile back but I was hoping to get some advice/ opinions regarding the above boats from people in WA fishing WA waters.

Ive narrowed down my search to these 3 boats based on research but would love to hear from someone who either owns or gets out on one of of these boats.

Of interest to me is:

Ride quality in WA chop

Stability at rest (drifting 3 blokes on one side)

fishing area

storage 

and lastly cabin space large enough for 2 heading over to rotto of a night or two

Im leaning slightly toward a Grady white sole because they have a walk around which means I can fish soemone up front but I would love to hear any opininons good or bad on anything on at all about theses particular  boats.

Thanks in advance.

Josh

Date Joined: 01/02/10

The 2400 is a much bigger

Wed, 2019-08-14 18:07

The 2400 is a much bigger boat.  

Does anyone know where the love of god goes, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

Gav475's picture

Date Joined: 16/11/11

Grady

Wed, 2019-08-14 19:14

I have a Grady 208 adventure. This thing is an off shore beast and I regularly fish way out wide. Has a 225 yammy and absolutley eats the summer wind slop which was a nice change after years in ally boats.

I am 5 ft 10 and the wife and I regularly do overnighters on it with no issue. It is heavy on fuel but its a 2 1/2 ton boat so the desplacement and ride comfort offsets the fuel price. The hull needs carefull trimming at very low speeds but the trim tabs make it effortless. Once unerway in a mild sea 30knots is not really trying.

Mine is set up with all the fruit, solar panels ect ect and would not consider another boat for offshore fishing and a good allrounder with some comfort the the Mrs.

I really cant fault it and the drive on off trailer makes life easy for launch retrieve.

They are a woodless  hand laid hull so will never have any rott issues and are regarded as being on a par with Whalers.

Definately recommend a Grady

crano's picture

Date Joined: 04/11/09

Caribbean

Wed, 2019-08-14 19:34

Been on a 2300 with a 300 yammie on it. It ticked all the boxes for me.

ranmar850's picture

Date Joined: 12/08/12

You have dual threads running

Thu, 2019-08-15 13:33

gave my opinion in the other one.

Date Joined: 23/11/14

Thanks guys I appreciate

Fri, 2019-08-16 20:01

Thanks guys I appreciate everyones responses. Now i just have to decided :/

Cheers