Tarpon adventure to Nicaragua for 2018! *discounted spots available*

One fish that has been right up the top of my hit list for some time now is a big 'casting lure caught' Tarpon. To make that happen, I am putting together a trip to the Tarpon mecca of Nicaragua, to a very remote lodge only accessible by charter plane.

We have a number of anglers confirmed for the trip already, but we still have some space available if anyone is keen to get on board.

To get to this fishery, we need to arrive at San Jose in Costa Rica. After this we take a charter plane which will be arranged to take us direct to the lodge in Nicaragua. The Nicaraguan visa will be arranged for us at the lodge.

We will then have 7 full days of fishing and for this there are two main options 1) focus nearer to the sea and river mouth casting the heavier lures for giant Tarpon (up to 220lb+) as well as Snook, Sails, Snapper, Jacks and much more and 2) going further up river on the lighter lures chasing other species including trophy size Rainbow bass and Snook.

We are fishing only 2 people per spacious 25ft boat, and groups are free to choose on a given day whether they want to fish the sea/rivermouth or up river.

Accommodation is a very luxurious lodge with top class food, free open bar, pool etc. You will not be without comfort!

We have booked very early and so have managed to secure the week with the best moon phase on the best month of the year for big fish, so I'm sure it is going to be an awesome trip.

Exact details as follows:

5 October 2018, arrive in San Jose, accommodation twin share

6 October (morning) take an early charter flight (included in the trip price) to the airstrip near the lodge, then a 1km boat transfer to the lodge – then begin fishing immediately

7 full days of fishing, ending in the evening on Friday 12 October

Overnight accommodation at the lodge on Friday 12th, then take another charter flight (included) back to San Jose on the 13th in time to meet your connecting flight.

Trip includes charter flight, accommodation, 7 full days fishing, meals/drinks and all equipment (if you choose not to bring your own).

If you are keen to join or want pricing or any more information, drop me a message or email.

Cheers

Dan

When asked by a non-fisherman 'how many fishing rods do you really need?' the correct answer is either:

n+1 (where n is the number of fishing rods you currently own); or

n-1 (where n is the number of fishing rods which would cause your significant other to dump you. 

Image Upload: 

scano's picture

Date Joined: 31/05/07

Looks awesome!

Wed, 2017-01-11 18:53

I met Tim O the other day who had been on some of your adventures. By the sounds of things, might need a rub down at the end of it due to a sore fishing back! Plenty of fish to pull string that's for sure!

dkonig82's picture

Date Joined: 06/07/10

Yeah mate should be a great

Mon, 2017-01-16 15:31

Yeah mate should be a great trip for sure! We have enough people now to make the trip happen, but can still fit up to two more if people are keen to get involved.

Dan

When asked by a non-fisherman 'how many fishing rods do you really need?' the correct answer is either:

n-1 (where n is the number of fishing rods which would cause your significant other to dump you. 

Belly88's picture

Date Joined: 08/02/12

My lord

Mon, 2017-01-16 18:33

My lord you do some amazing trips!!!

What ever you do for work if there is any positions available I'm your man haha..

Hope you get a big girl mate look forward to reading your report..

Belly

dkonig82's picture

We've had a couple of spaces

Wed, 2017-05-17 17:44

We've had a couple of spaces open up on this. If anyone is keen, drop me a message!

Date Joined: 31/12/11

Any idea of charter price.

Fri, 2017-05-19 08:06

Thinking something like this is close to $1K a day ?
Am I close ?
Certainly on my wish list and plenty of notice, I can't use a fly rod, but everything else is ticking the box.

dkonig82's picture

I reckon by the time you add

Fri, 2017-05-26 12:21

I reckon by the time you add in your international airfares etc, it would be getting pretty close to that yes. If you are interested in more details please drop me a message. We just found two more guys yesterday, but there's a possibility we will get the lodge to run 1 more boat (which would mean we can take 2 more anglers)

dkonig82's picture

Due to a couple of late

Thu, 2018-07-26 13:39

Due to a couple of late scratchings we have 2 places available on this trip at a 30% discount.

Original price was US$4350 including everything except the international flight (i.e. it included the charter flights, accom, 7 days fishing etc).

Discounted price of US$3,045 for 2 people who get in quick, which is a great deal for what's included. I've posted this in a few places so first in best dressed!

Dan

dkonig82's picture

Also just to clarify - it

Thu, 2018-07-26 13:57

Also just to clarify - it isn't a fly only trip. You are welcome to use fly, but most of us will be using other casting lures (hard bodies as well as plastics)