Will a Spheros 12000Fa work for slide fishing.

Hello people,

I am quite new to beach fishing and have only been going since i moved to Denmark 3 months ago. I have also been reading post about slide fishing, which sounds quite fun. I am thinking about buying a posideon 5 piece or some thing similar and getting started. I have a Spheros 12000Fa and I was just wondering if it would do the job for a while? Or will i need a new reel for slide fishing?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers Chipper.

Date Joined: 11/06/07

don't see why not

Mon, 2014-03-24 10:37

I have the 12000 with an upgraded carbontex drag washer and it pulls great. Your other option would be to give overhead reels a go. Would probably use mono over braid for slide fishing but I'm no expert. There's a large tackle shop in Albany that may be able to help you -?Trailblazers. There are salmon in Denmark at the moment. Good luck.

Fishin for a feed and fun.

Date Joined: 11/08/13

Cheers Wahoo,I never thought

Mon, 2014-03-24 10:59

Cheers Wahoo,

I never thought about upgrading the reel. I was going to go braid with a mono topshot as they suggest, but i am unsure if the spool will hold enough line? I have been looking at the overheads but never used one. Are they much different to use? Been looking at the Torium 30.

I have been to trailblazers a few times, so will ask next time I am over that way. Your spot on about the salmon down here, I was fishing on the rocks at ocean beach and the was a school of the them about 15 meters wide cruising around. I only had time to hook one 5.4kg salmon before i had to get home so the wife could go to work. A bit of a piss off really!

Cheers Chipper

snapper's picture

Date Joined: 09/02/08

using slidees

Mon, 2014-03-24 14:20

Hi Chipper, 5 or 6 of the guys from The Assassin Land Based Fishing Club will be in Denmark in a couple of weeks. I f you are free and we can tee it up you could see some of the set ups for using slides with Assassin Rods and Overhead reels.

you can also check out the Assassin tackle through the link on the Fishwrecked Sponsors list and send them a message regarding your query.

Cheers Vince

Assassin Land Based Fishing Club Member

Date Joined: 11/08/13

Hello Vince,I would be keen

Tue, 2014-03-25 09:57

Hello Vince,

I would be keen as to see some fisherman that know what there doing on the beach. I will send you a PM, with some contact details then we can  sort something out from there. 

Cheers Chipper