2012 Yalta craft 2200 fisherman

G'day

Just looking for peoples experiences with these boats or similar.

Me and a mate are looking at getting one. It will be our firstst boat that either of us have owned, both of us have family/mates with boats and our skippers tickets all sorted, so we have some boating experience, but not huge amounts.

Boat will be used primarily for fishing, with the hopes at getting offshore into some serious action as well as some in close stuff when conditions are less than favourable.

Would be looking at doing some diving maybe some skiing behing it as well as the odd bit of cruising and p1ss drinking... predominantly a fishing vessel though.

What are peoples thoughts?

What has drawn me to it is we set our budget at 45k - 50k (tops) brand new theygo for 48odd. Probably cost us 50k with insurance and a couple extras. It will be brand new and come with warranty, 4 stroke engine etc ~6m.

Peoples thoughs and experiences would be greatly appreciated

Cheers lads,

Alex

Date Joined: 18/01/12

Myself, id be tempted to

Mon, 2012-10-22 17:43

Myself, id be tempted to look at a late model used boat, let someone else take the depreciation hit. Its a buyers market, though having said that i sold mine in a week for about the same as i paid.

Give a man a mask, and he'll show you his true face...

The older you get the more you realize that no one has a f++king clue what they're doing.

Everyone's just winging it.

The_Wanderer's picture

Date Joined: 24/09/08

hey alex check this out

Tue, 2012-10-23 09:16
scubafish's picture

Date Joined: 15/08/12

My tip,old boat New

Tue, 2012-10-23 10:10

My tip,old boat New motor,thick Glass steering must be just forward of midships,too far forward and you get thrown up and down to much.Went out once in a small savage ally nearly got thrown out of the boat.Ally boats are only as strong as the welds they need to be welded properly hird of a lot splitting open from bad welds.Glass is my preferance.Compair thickness of glass on boats you look at and the v. Deep v are good sea worthy boats.Reson i say new Motor is i got stung with a 70 Johnson,the main drive shaft was ready to shear not long after a bourght the boat and got it serviced for the time.Apparently they were slamming it into forward and then revers to fast pulling pots every morning ,i found out the hard way cost me a new motor.Shop around and do your home work !If its not sea worthy dont go to sea.

http://img.gg/BQ91Sys

brenz's picture

Date Joined: 15/06/06

you wont be dissapointed with

Tue, 2012-10-23 10:23

you wont be dissapointed with this hull at all especially for the money

Noxious's picture

Date Joined: 22/12/11

Thanks for the comments guys.

Tue, 2012-10-23 10:49

Thanks for the comments guys. Greatky appreciate everyones input.

Also been looking at Seaswirls. Anyone had any experience with these boats?

jr_frosty's picture

Date Joined: 12/07/12

Where abouts do you live?

Tue, 2012-10-23 20:38

Where abouts do you live? can someone there repair fibreglass incase you damage it? there is alloy welders around every corner that is why a lot of people go that way, Glass obviously handles a lot better. I would consider what scubafish said, Find a hull that you like and repower it with a new four stroke and give it a good fit-out. keep in mind a 6mtr boat is going to need a 140-200hp engine depending on boat so you are going to be up for 18-25 grand for a motor. If your looking at yank boats like sea swirl make sure you get one from an importer in australia so you can physically see the boat before you hand over the money, and get a mechanic to go over it from head to toe. I have seen all sorts of weird shit wrong with boats people have bought over from the states.