loading my mares cyrano 970

hi all,

I finally got around to buying my mares cyrano 970.  

I've just put it together though am finding that its quite hard to load it.  I'm not loading it to the point that it's clicked in though I'm just trying to slide it say halfway into the gun.

At the moment I'm only getting it a couple cms in.  It seems that I'm putting a fair bit of pressure on it (to the point that the shaft starts flexing) though it doesn't want to go any further.

Does anyone have any tips?  Are they easier to load under water?

Perhaps I just need to harden up!  Only thing is I don't want to push it to hard as it feels that the shaft could bend...

Cheers

Wayne

Date Joined: 21/02/08

They are harder to load

Fri, 2009-12-18 16:16

They are harder to load above the water than in it.

Make sure you use the plastic loader, rest the handle on your ankle, and then pull using your arms AND your legs. Your legs are way stronger than your arms, which is one good thing about loading the gas guns. Keep is stable and smooth and you won't ruin any spears.

Often, as you're learning to load, its best to use only 20, not the full 30 bar.

Where did you get it? I saw one go out the door @ Hookah Dive just this arvo!

Whatever you do, don't load it fully or fire it out of the water, you can blow the main piston seal (apparently, although never checked!). 

wayneleech's picture

Date Joined: 27/06/08

lol:) yeah got it from

Fri, 2009-12-18 16:15

lol:) yeah got it from Hookah dive.... were you the bloke i was talking to about the gun?

i've been playing around with it abit more and can get it quite far down now though I have been using two hands... seems when using one hand the shaft seems to flex abit which has resulted in the paint being scratched off the shaft when going down into the gun...

Date Joined: 21/02/08

Yeah that was me, I was just

Fri, 2009-12-18 16:19

Yeah that was me, I was just in showing Wombat how to upload stuff to their website.

You will load with two hands. I knit my fingers over the loader and then pull as I move my foot up.