Ocean whaler 565

Hi All

i am going to be buying my first boat in the next month or two and the Ocean Whaler 565 has caught my eye and seems to get a decent write up. 

I have a budget of $35000 top end and have seen one advertised in Bunbury for $31K 2006 hull with a 90hp evinrude.

Just wondering if some of the owners in here can help me out with good and bad points and things to look out for. I have read all the posts I can find on them both here and in other sites. I understand Marineboy is having issues with water in the hull, is anyone else having the same issue and should this be putting me off these hulls?

I think realistically as it is my first boat I will have it checked out professionally but would like to have a look at it first before I pay for someone to check it out more thoroughly.

Also I am in Waikiki if any of you would be willing to take me out and show me what she is capable of there would be a case of beer in it and obviously all fuel paid for, I don't mind travelling. 

Any other boats you think I should be considering? 

Cheers

Steve

Mike17's picture

Date Joined: 30/06/13

I'll take ya out

Thu, 2015-01-08 14:23

Hey mate i have a 5.65 Ocean Whaler and live in Secret Harbour.

I'd be happy to take you out for a run when i get home early next week just PM your number and we'll sort it out.

Mike

Use The Force

Date Joined: 16/02/14

Cheers Mike

Thu, 2015-01-08 14:47

PM Sent