rays everywhere Fri 5/3/10

Down at my local on Friday night I started I off trying for tailor, with a solid bite and a bit of weight I thought i was in luck but ended up landing the smallest ray ive ever seen. Less than a foot across. Was pretty funny and i copped a few jokes about rays being the only thing i can catch. We swapped to bigger baits, mainly fresh tuna and the rays got bigger. No monsters but enough to stretch the arms a bit, though one unstoppable busted off on reef. Between four of us 5 rays were landed and one port jackson. No real sharks, but was great fun anyway!!

Still waiting for some other pics from mates but ill chuck up a couple.

went back the next night and was one port jackson after another. Makes me realise how much fun rays are. I know how much alot of people hate them, but man its fun trying to land some of them. I almost dont mind losing rigs to the unstoppable ones, cuz its such good value trying lol

cuthbad's picture

Date Joined: 22/04/09

sorry about the size of the images

Mon, 2010-03-08 17:39

have tried to change em but failed, even after reading the upload photos bit. Any advice on what im doing wrong appreciated

DieHard's picture

Date Joined: 06/10/08

Hey mate the best thing to

Mon, 2010-03-08 17:48

Hey mate the best thing to do is Email them to yourself. basically how i do it is ctrl+ click the images i want then i right click and left click on the 'Send To' then click 'Mail Recipient' and it asks make images smaller tick the box and the click ok then just send them to yourself and open the document and save as... (sorry if it doesnt make sense?)

Must have been good night out!

where exactly did you go and did you berley up lots?

DieHard – The Official “Ray & Shark” Chaser!

brg's picture

Date Joined: 31/12/09

open them with paint and

Mon, 2010-03-08 17:49

open them with paint and down size them.good luck

cuthbad's picture

cheers

Mon, 2010-03-08 18:17

thanks guys got there eventually

Diehard we were a bit north of Trigg, gotta keep ya line off the reef though. Didn't burley at all suprisingly, the next night we burleyed up heaps and were plagues by pj'.

DieHard's picture

Date Joined: 06/10/08

Hey how do u berley up? And

Mon, 2010-03-08 18:37

Hey how do u berley up?

And was that at mettams or Medams pool?

DieHard – The Official “Ray & Shark” Chaser!

callum's picture

Date Joined: 29/10/08

santuary

Mon, 2010-03-08 19:15

no, its part of marmion marine park.....

happy fishing

cuthbad's picture

close but not quite. Dont

Mon, 2010-03-08 18:47

close but not quite. Dont know if your allowed to fish at mettams r u?

Sorry for not being specific but its our favourate spot

I like to fill 3 litre milk cartons with old bait blended up and tuna oil, then freeze it, when we get there i cut holes in it then tie it to a rope n chuck it in. Also throw in some old mulies chopped up as well every now n then

Faulkner Family's picture

Date Joined: 11/03/08

sounds like you were having

Mon, 2010-03-08 19:25

sounds like you were having fun with the rays. better than not getting anything at all

RUSS and SANDY. A family that fishes together stays together

Date Joined: 30/05/08

well done

Mon, 2010-03-08 19:58

Nice report mate . Glad to see u'v got the right attitude when it comes to targeting rays as a land based sport fish and not just a by catch and pain in the a## .

U looking a bit exhausted in that pic , waiting to see a pic of when u been pulling pole on a 150kg plus flat fish for a few hours ......

will have to join u guy's for a fish soon. 

cuthbad's picture

haha

Mon, 2010-03-08 20:07

mate i reckon i better start hitting the gym if im gonna have any chance of tacking the big ones lol.

And yea man let me know when ya keen, we head out most weekends