Suzuki 200HP 4 Stroke - Keeps cutting out

hey folks

For a few weeks now at random the engine keeps cutting out. I could be underway at 20 knots or even at 8 knots the engine will just cut out but each time it will restart without any problems. It doesn't always cut out when I'm out so it's just very random. So far we've checked the batteries, the kill switch and have even put a laptop on the motor to check for any errors. There are no error codes flashing on the dash when the engine cuts out.

Anyone have ideas ideas or suggestions?

cheers

Stumpie

z00m's picture

Date Joined: 10/05/14

Links for other posts

Mon, 2016-12-19 07:22

A search of the site shows a of link to the same symptoms:

fishwrecked.com/forum/suzuki-df200-engine-stall 

There is also a link from there to another thread with more info on a stalling suzi.

Date Joined: 22/07/15

@zoomtahnks for the heads up

Mon, 2016-12-19 08:22

@zoom

thanks for the heads up mate.

Date Joined: 01/08/16

Had something similar

Mon, 2016-12-19 07:56

Hey mate, i had the exact same thing happening with my 200 Yammy earlier this year.

We thought it was a fuel issue. Whether it was dirty or had a tiny air leak somewhere. Found nothing so switched to looking for an electrical problem.

Turned out to be the most simple thing. One of the battery leads had come slightly loose and would move every now and then with a bump. As soon as the computer picked up that the voltage wasnt quite right it would cut the Yammy out straight away. Boat settled, lead must have been falling back it to place again and it would start straight away no worries.

Could be something compeltely different with yours but just check your leads and connections over real thoroughly.

Adam Gallash's picture

Date Joined: 29/11/05

Yup

Mon, 2016-12-19 17:47

Had exactly the same problem with a 115 yammy 4 stroke, batt lead came loose but still connected to terminal and couldnt figure it for the life of me as it all looked good electrically. Exactly the same symptoms as above, just happened to kick the lead accidently when going through the boat at home and it popped off, tightened up and problem solved.

http://fishwrecked.com/forum/outboard-issues

Site Admin - Just ask if you need assistance