Suzuki DF140 running problem

Went out today and both motors ran well on way out. Pulled up and starboard motor dropped out. Tried to start it again but can only get it to start with throttle fully open. Idles down half way but drops out again. Needless to say we had a trip home on one motor. Anyone got any ideas of problem. Cheers

Date Joined: 01/02/10

Fuel filters?

Sun, 2016-09-18 16:19

Fuel filters?

Does anyone know where the love of god goes, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

Date Joined: 18/01/12

could be as said above and

Sun, 2016-09-18 19:23

could be as said above and you should go thru the fault finding process first checking "the simple, easy, obvious and cheap" things first
But Id say its your idle air control valve.

Its the same part on some Suzi cars, takes about 20 minutes to remove.
On mine, I was able to free it up but the part is about $400 or so.

Give a man a mask, and he'll show you his true face...

The older you get the more you realize that no one has a f++king clue what they're doing.

Everyone's just winging it.

Date Joined: 23/07/12

Cheers guys.  Will see what

Mon, 2016-09-19 05:07

Cheers guys.  Will see what I can find.

Cruise Control's picture

Date Joined: 03/11/10

Had the same problem with my

Mon, 2016-09-19 10:58

Had the same problem with my yamahas at 700 hours. Replaced the air control valve - Bloody expensive little items they are. Then shortly after both motors started dropping out when coming back to idle.

Had Brett Ward look at it and both motors were heavily carboned up. Put a can of some kind of cleaner through each motor and let sit for 24 hours then start with both motors coughing up lots of crap, repeat three times, now seems to be all good. I will be running a good dose of F10 fuel treatment through it from now on to continue the cleaning process.

Dunno how I can get so much carbon running on premium, I can only put it down to little use over the past couple of years and fuel going stale.