Fishing 28/06/2011

Decided to hit a new spot tonight - to my dismay - lost tackle - and had loads of weed - however had great fun catching sharks.

Caught a nice Port Jackson Shark of 95cm (dead weight - she is!) and another Gummy Shark of 112cm and about 4 different looking catsharks. All released.

No bread and butter for me but at least trying the different spots gives me some indication as to whats going on. Pleasant session - started at 6pm and finished at 930pm.

Cheers

Every day at the Beach is a Good day!

Image Upload: 

Date Joined: 27/12/06

action

Thu, 2011-06-30 06:48

at least your getting a bit of action Blou, not to many fishing reports in this weather.

did you keep the gummy this time lol

Date Joined: 27/12/06

action

Thu, 2011-06-30 06:48

at least your getting a bit of action Blou, not to many fishing reports in this weather.

did you keep the gummy this time lol

Blue Whaler's picture

Date Joined: 05/10/10

Ha ha - nah man - I am just

Thu, 2011-06-30 07:03

Ha ha - nah man - I am just not into eating sharks - I might have eaten shark before in a fish & chip shop  - not knowingly - but generally I release all sharks and rather stick to what I call bread and butter - which imo general fish species -  LOL! Great fun catching these anyways!!!

Every day at the Beach is a Good day!

cuthbad's picture

Date Joined: 22/04/09

Nice work mate, at least your

Fri, 2011-07-01 15:02

Nice work mate, at least your getting out for a fish. Hard to do in this weather.

Those port jacksons are a pain in the ass. A few of my go to summer spots are just plagued by them this time of year!

Your posts are getting me motivated to get back into it... maybe this weekend

Date Joined: 09/07/10

good stuff blou, like the

Fri, 2011-07-01 17:27

good stuff blou, like the others say good on ya for getting out in this weather, were doing an all nighter what ever the weather, just going to go prepared.

keep it up