Fishwrecked in 2010

Hi Guys/Gals,

Well another year has passed and what a year it was for the Fishwrecked site.  The first Exmouth Invitational was successfully held in somewhat trying conditions, regardless some spectacular fish were caught by anglers braving the northerly wind pattern.  The 2010 competition is lining up to be twice as big with some significant prizes on offer, even before any sponsors have been approached.

There have been a lot of other competitions over the year, bozo's comps, junior comps and photo comps.  Many thanks to all the contributors and well done to those that won.  I will attach a few photos to the bottom of this thread to see the quality this site attracts.

Fishwrecked was invited to its first international media event (East Timor's First International Fishing Competition), a huge recognition of this sites success, not only in the W.A market but worldwide.  Some of you may remember the CEO of Penn jumping on board a few years back, you just never know who's reading!

The Fishwrecked-Reeltime Magazine is into its 5th Issue and whilst it has had a strong local flavour to date it will cover a lot of exotic destinations to whet your appetite for exploring past our borders.   Some of our regular forum contributors feature in the coming issue to keep it fresh and enjoyable, I've had a look at the first draft and its going to be a ripper.

On the site statistics front, the numbers are staggering and it looks like another server upgrade is going to be required in the near future.  The site should hit 10,000,000 page views in the coming months and 2009 made over 4 million of those. :)  I'd like to thank the advertisers who have been with us as we've grown, Ryan + Honsu at Oceanside, Doug + Matt at The Tackle Shack, Andrew from Commodore Marine + Men on Boats and Steve from Gladiator Tackle.  There are a couple of new guys on the block as well, Phil from Bozo's, Rick from Bidhere.com and hopefully we should see Kim from Southern Cross back soon.  There are also a couple of new advertisers coming on board soon, offering you guys good prices and special rates for being members here.

I'm sure there's heaps of other achievements from 2009, but I'm still lagging from a heeeavy New Years night.  I'd particularly like to thank those of you that have supported the site by buying merchandise and helping to promote us externally.  To the long term members and some of the newer guys, many thanks for your continued contributions, you know who you are and I do too!  :)  Also a big thanks to the moderator team, Andy Mac, Tim and Colin Hay - you guys do a great job and I really appreciate the work you put in behind the scenes.

Tight lines everyone and I hope you get that big one in 2010 and continue to share your experiences with the rest of us.

Cheers,

Adam

Photo Winners from Jan 09 through: (December to be decided)

Site Admin - Just ask if you need assistance

Rodrat's picture

Date Joined: 13/01/07

Fishwrecked

Sat, 2010-01-02 11:41

Best fishing site on the net!
Great pics on a great site. I'm looking forward to the exy comp this year. Keep up the good work adam.

FISH FOR THE FUTURE

deepwater's picture

Date Joined: 09/05/07

Thanks Fishwrecked

Sat, 2010-01-02 11:49

the only site in my computer for fishing thank you all Adam and all the fishwrecked crew

jeff

Date Joined: 20/04/09

Good Stuff!

Sat, 2010-01-02 12:20

Great site mate- generally quality stuff with little Bull@*#t like some of the other sites.

Date Joined: 21/02/08

Good stuff, looking forward

Sat, 2010-01-02 12:31

Good stuff, looking forward to another great year!

grayzeee's picture

Date Joined: 09/07/09

what is that fish above YFT?

Sat, 2010-01-02 12:37

what is that fish above YFT?

If I spent half as long fishing , as I do reading this bloody forum , I'd be twice the fisherman I am. 

Rodrat's picture

Date Joined: 13/01/07

Fish

Sat, 2010-01-02 12:43

I think it is a amberjack.

FISH FOR THE FUTURE

Date Joined: 16/02/09

Cracker of a site, thanks

Sat, 2010-01-02 12:46

Cracker of a site, thanks alot guys.

Still learning

Riaz 

Goodz's picture

Date Joined: 20/07/09

Great work Adam and the

Sat, 2010-01-02 12:53

Great work Adam and the team. Awesome and very valuable site!

Andy Mac's picture

Date Joined: 03/02/06

Quality Site

Sat, 2010-01-02 13:32

Quality fish

Fantastic support from our sponsors too.

On bahalf of the Reeltime writing crew, a big thankyou for all the positive feedback about the mag last year. We have a proven concept now, so 2010 promises to be a great year for the mag.

As Adam mentioned Issue 5 will have a distinct international flavour with top stories, incredible pics and some awesome vids from as far away as Costa Rica, East Timor and Thailand.  

Here's to another great year ahead. Go Fishwrecked!

Cheers

Andy Mac (Fishwrecked Reeltime Editor & Forum Moderator)

Youngest member of the Fishwrecked Old Farts Club

carnarvonite's picture

Date Joined: 24/07/07

Tops

Sat, 2010-01-02 13:40

Many thanks to Adam and the team for a great site and mag and may there be many more to come

Matt T's picture

Date Joined: 19/11/07

Cheers

Sat, 2010-01-02 13:57

Great site for sure!

eddie's picture

Date Joined: 07/02/08

This site is the best!!!  I

Sat, 2010-01-02 14:14

This site is the best!!!  I learn so much from all of you, and I look forward to learning more and getting out for a fish with some of you in 2010.  I've become so hooked on this site that anytime I'm talking to my fishing buddies the first thing they ask is, 'What are they saying on Fishwrecked?'!  haha

To Adam and the gang, thanks for all your hard work on this site and ReelTime...I love it!

Faulkner Family's picture

Date Joined: 11/03/08

a great site for sure. Adam

Sat, 2010-01-02 15:04

a great site for sure. Adam is the one that put it all together and done a great job, but without all the members on here it wouldnt be much at all.                    .Even tho i  cant get out on the water much these days with work and our new shop i  can still keep up with whats going on around town , up north and over east, altho getting a bit jealous of the fish at timesTongue out,i can still get a fix.         . Keep up the great work Adam and all the others that are involved. bigger and better things to come in 2010

RUSS and SANDY. A family that fishes together stays together

wadetolley's picture

Date Joined: 27/06/08

cheers

Sat, 2010-01-02 15:07

Thanks for a great year, everytime you log on you learn something to do with fishing..and thats mintox!

cityboy's picture

Date Joined: 08/11/09

thumbs up

Sat, 2010-01-02 19:27

yep great site BIG thumbs up to all ;-)

........enjoy the day lets go fishing........

HuggyB's picture

Date Joined: 03/08/08

yep

Sat, 2010-01-02 19:30

homewreck is great. keep up the great work.

The Terrorist - coming to a fishing spot near you.........

shabba's picture

Date Joined: 26/02/08

yep, awsome site

Sun, 2010-01-03 09:53

yep, awsome site adam.........   

Date Joined: 30/12/08

The best

Sun, 2010-01-03 10:10

Congradulations Adam for bringing it on.

Adam Gallash's picture

Date Joined: 29/11/05

Cheers guys

Sun, 2010-01-03 20:31

A lot of it is thanks to you guys for adding your comments, stories and photos.  Here's to a great year and I'm sure that there will be some more excellent quality coming through over the next 12 months.

Cheers,

Adam

Site Admin - Just ask if you need assistance

alfred's picture

Date Joined: 12/01/07

Thanks to you Adam and the

Sun, 2010-01-03 21:33

Thanks to you Adam and the rest of the team that keeps the site going.  Top stuff!  Keep it up!

kane's picture

Date Joined: 07/12/08

Yep thanks alot

Sun, 2010-01-03 22:15

Best fishing site :)

Gooooone Fishin!

Date Joined: 01/01/70

2010....FW busy!

Fri, 2010-01-29 21:07

Just noticed 87 users and 675 guests .... a very busy & popular fishing website site this FW  Laughing

Webby's picture

Date Joined: 24/09/08

Cheers adam, congrats mate

Fri, 2010-01-29 21:48

Cheers adam, congrats mate

I live with fear every day... sometimes she lets me go fishing.