Shimano Aerowave Graphite surf 1303

Shimano Aerowave Graphite surf 1303 has anyone got onhing te of these and do they rate them i thought they looked verygood but before buying anythese days i like to discuss with you guys

Jas04's picture

Date Joined: 18/10/07

Saltiga™ Ballistic Surf Rods

Wed, 2011-04-13 14:58

Saltiga™ Ballistic Surf Rods does anyone have one of these and how much would one set me back???

Date Joined: 27/12/06

ballistic

Wed, 2011-04-13 16:49

Jas I have had a quick look in the tackle shop at an Aerowave and they look alright but not something I would buy.

I have a 13ft Saltiga Ballistic and it is an awesome rod, by far one of the best heavey beach rods you will find but with a hefty price tag of $650.  I only use the ballistic for big heavey baits and sinkers targetting mulloway, snapper etc and the obvious bycatch of sharks and rays.  I really loaded it up on a ray estimated to 80kg+ and it handled it easily (I didn't)  In fact this rod is probably overkill for most species but I need a rod to cast up to 10oz of weight and this is one of the only brute sticks that will do it and still has some life in the tip.

One of my other rods I have really been very  impressed with ismy Daiwa Sensor Surf 13ft.  I generally use this for salmon, tailor and mulloway and this rod can handle alot aswell as casting beautifully and coming in at around $250-$280 is alot cheaper.  I know alot of people who are very happy with their sensor surfs

Another cheaper option is the Rovex Aureus or Bario.  I have one that is 12ft and is a great rod for tailor or salmon and good value at $120

I am part of a landbased club and see alot of different setups people use.  If you give me some more info about what you are targetting and what sort of spots you are going to fish I might have some other suggestions.

cheers

rig